Dr. Allen Lu MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Rowland Heights, CA

March 13th, 2017
Scosi Pitfalls
This office is extremely busy, mainly due to the combination of Dr exam rooms and adjacent physical therapy department. The Doctors are knowledgeable and for the most part, professional. This review is not written to berate this establishment, but, more along the lines of previewing some of the pitfalls that you may encounter here. For starters, one of the office staff girls are particularly confrontational, unknowledgeable and a blatant liar (steer clear of her if possible). Her attitude may be directly attributable to their unwittingly unprofessional and hostile office mgr who took it upon herself to verbally assault me in an exam room; making grotesque allegations that I had mistreated her office staff! So, if you are a healthcare professional and are receiving a "professional courtesy" from the Dr. Never ever ask the naive office girl why she's requesting a copay... They simply have no idea what a "professional courtesy" is or why your are receiving it... And don't be taken by surprise when one day another Dr comes along and has his office mgr remove your professional courtesy in an embarrassing, discourteous manner and without any feasible explanation. To make a long story shorter. I have decided to get a second opinion, as the Surgeon apparently sided with his office mgr's incriminating allegations and now claims that he's not sure whether or not the corrective orthopedic surgery will or will not resolve my shoulder pain. This Dr did become more optimistic about the outcome of my surgery after listening to my side of the mgr's allegations, but, too late, the trust was gone and I decided have decided to have my surgery from St Elsewhere...

July 3rd, 2016
Thank you Dr. For my doing good job on my fracture foot and total replacement on my shoulder.

December 4th, 2013
Forever grateful to Dr. Lu for my shoulder replacement
Dr. Lu is a very unique person; he is kind & a great surgeon. He did a full shoulder replacement for me two years ago & I have never had a problem. He made me feel at ease & answered all my questions.

July 6th, 2012
Medicine is clearly his vocation
He is so kind! Our daughter had seen Dr. Shokes before and I wasn't impressed so I was expecting the same cold/impatient care but boy was I wrong!!! He made her feel at ease, which put us at ease. He explained everything so well. He was patient and very kind.

September 18th, 2011
Cutting edge sports guy
I was really impressed with him. He knew more than all the other people that I have seen and explained it all so that I understood. He also teaches the newest procedures to other surgeons. I couldn't be happier.