Dr. Allen Kaplan MD, DMD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 9th, 2015
Colonel
In 2003 I developed a rash over most of my body. I went to several Doctors in the Washington, DC area and was diagnosed and treated for Hives, with minor results. My Dermatologist in Myrtle Beach referred me to Dr. Kaplan after saying that he didn't know anything else to do. After one appointment Dr. Kaplan said he didn't believe I had Hives and did some blood work and told me to come back a week later. A week later he said I had Eczema and prescribed a couple of ointments and a topical solution. Now 13 years later I may have a little rash 1 or 2 times a year, but after a couple of days using the ointment Dr. Kaplan me it's gone. Dr. Kaplan was a GODSEND FOR ME.

March 13th, 2014
Love Dr. Kaplan!
Dr Kaplan saved me. I am now free of Urticaria, til my body chemistry changes anyway. He was so helpful and still is. He helped me many years ago and I have had a few spells since and he is always so helpful!

June 25th, 2010
King of Hives
If you kno't already know Dr. Allen Kaplan is regarded as "The King Of Hives" by his peer and patients. He is one of the upmpst authorities on chronic hives and angioedema. I came to him over 15 years ago with one of the worst chronic hive outbreaks on the east coast. I called National Institute of health because I was so sick had been to Yale and Uconn and was toxic on steroids he saved my life. He got my steroid use under control and for the next 15 years treated me for free and over the phone as needed. He always called me right back and guided me throughevery severe outbreak i had under his care. We never found the cause, as i am not allergic to anything according to skin tests and biopsy but he has found an antibody that conservatively speaking 30% of people with chronic hives may have...i didnt have it..but still he is the best...He is retiring though and is running South Carolina University at some level....

July 7th, 2009
Free if Hives
I suffered with Hives for years. I had numerous doctors, allergists and dermatologists, try test after test and no one was able to fully help me. Dr. Kaplan was able to determine what my allergy was and had a drug study for my particular issue that I participated in. I have been free of Hives ever since and cannot thank him and his office enough. They were all very caring and professional and have my highest confidence.

February 13th, 2017