A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Allen Root:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Allen Root is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Root
Wound Care Patient Education Learn all about treating healing and non-healing wounds care by reading our Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Root Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Allen Root, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Body Weight
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Congenital Hypothyroidism
- De Lange Syndrome
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Growth Disorders
- Hermaphroditism (Genital Ambiguity)
- Sex Differentiation Disorders
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Diseases
- Turner Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Root graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Root has 4 hospital affiliations:
- All Children's Hospital
- The Tampa General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Allen W Root MD is a male Pediatrician and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology.
- Where does Dr. Allen W. Root practice?
- Dr. Allen Root has 1 office location.
Dr. Allen Root practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology near Saint Petersburg, FL.
See Saint Petersburg Pediatricians and Saint Petersburg Pediatric Specialists.