A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Allen Root:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Allen Root is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Root
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. Root Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Allen Root, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Body Weight
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Congenital Hypothyroidism
- De Lange Syndrome
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Growth Disorders
- Hermaphroditism (Genital Ambiguity)
- Sex Differentiation Disorders
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Diseases
- Turner Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Root graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Root has 4 hospital affiliations:
- All Children's Hospital
- The Tampa General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Allen W Root MD is a male Pediatrician and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology.
- Where does Dr. Allen W. Root practice?
- Dr. Allen Root has 1 office location.
Dr. Allen Root practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Endocrinology near Saint Petersburg, FL.
See Saint Petersburg Pediatricians and Saint Petersburg Endocrinologists.