Dr. Allison Alcalay Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Allison Alcalay?

July 21st, 2016

Patient's husband

My wife had been admitted to the ER Sutter hospital this past Monday at the recommendation of the home health nurse. The doctor and staff at ER were great and took care of her 188+ temperature and dehydration. She was transferred to the hospital unit afterwards for continued care. The doctor on site was Dr. Alcalay. We sat down in my wife's hospital room with my wife on her bed and she started lecturing me that there is ' nothing more we can do for your wife. She had dementia and she is choking on her food and a long list of unpleasant comments that completely frightened and discouraged me. I said 'no, she was fine until 2 days ago because she was coughing and her Doctor even prescribed a cough medicine. She only had this cough a few days ago. Her current Neurologist said she doesn't have dementia but Dr. Alcalay keeps on insisting that she has dementia' and that her cough was due to her system closing down . I told her that she is not my wife's physician and also not her Neurologist. How can she makes 'end of life' conclusion like that. My wife has been great for the past 2 years and is taken good care by her physicians. For someone like Dr. Alcalay to be on one night working a shift can be allowed to diagnose a patient correctly or incorrectly is scary. But she is do adamant and rude. My wife is home the very same afternoon we had that argument. She's finally eating and drinking well. Even smiles often. The coughing is gone and she is making up her lack of sleep. No thanks but harm from Dr. Alcakay.

November 10th, 2015

She told me multivitamins were a waste of money. She said if I wanted to waste my money to help the economy I should go ahead and buy multi vitamins. She is antagonistic to complimentary alternative medicine. She is not my choice in a Doctor by far

October 26th, 2015

Intelligent ,humble and a nice personality. Spends quality time with you and actually listens. Follows up with any medications. Five Stars for this doctor, for sure!

July 31st, 2015

Wow, touchy-Feely MD, not my cup of tea

It was a fight to make myself heard. I have been a patient of Dr. Wong for years, now I have this new doctor. She is very meticulous, there are no "about" "I think". she must have an exact answer with no regard for the personality and intellect of the patient. Way too touchy-Feely, just not my cup of tea.

July 28th, 2015

Wonderful doctor. She's very knowledgeable and really listens well.

December 9th, 2014

I found a different doctor

I had hoped this female doctor would be kind and suppoortive, but Dr. Alcalay argued with me, even about semantics, and completely lacked empathy and compassion. Total lack of support. Wretched bedside manner. Made me feel stupid. She would not try to request my records from a former hmo to help diagnose a serious chronic illness. She would not take my word for it- only accepted her own notes from our 3 meetings- wouldn't trust my insights. She often sighed, which is considered a sign of anger. She acted like working with me was a tremendous hassle, and said there was a "disconnect between myself and specialists. I became very anxious after my last visit, which exacerbated my symptoms, so I found another doctor asap.

April 11th, 2014

Dedicated physician

From my experience Dr Alcalay exemplifies the best in MD's. I find her attentive, compassionate and thorough. Her approach is both direct and thoughtful. She addresses me as a person, not only as a patient. The referrals she has made have also been to physicians, therapists equally as proficient and concerned. I consider myself fortunate to be in the care of this competent, dedicated physician and especially appreciate her ability to think "out of the box."

March 5th, 2012

Doctor is caring professional with good bedside manner and followup.

March 1st, 2012

Truly impressed

I have now seen Dr. Alcalay for two visits. During both she was both attentive, professionaland reassuring. I look forward to establishing a patient/physician relationship.

October 20th, 2010

Great PCP

Once Dr. Alcalay is in the room with you, she is entirely focused on you. She takes very thorough notes and listens carefully to everything you say. She thinks critically and is open to input. She knows her limitations and is willing to work with you to achieve your goals. She is very direct, which might put some people off, but I prefer the honesty to a jolly bedside manner.

August 13th, 2010

I saw Dr. Alcalay for an irregular heart beat. Since I had to wait a month to see her, I did a little research of my symptoms online. When I told her about it, she rolled her eyes at me and told me there was nothing wrong with me and that everyone has irregularities in their heart beats. But hey, what do I know, it's just my heart and it only feels like it's going to explode a few times a week. I'm sure that's completely normal. Then she freaked out when I told her my boyfriend and I didn't always use condoms so I backtracked and lied to her that we always used condoms. Then she pretty much forced the H1N1 vaccine on me, which gave me a terrible headache for the rest of the day.Awesome doctor. Go see her if you want to die.

July 20th, 2010

The other reviews do not reflect my experiences with Dr. Alcalay. She did a better job, with two distinct medical issues, than the specialist that I had previously seen regarding these matters. I have complete confidence in her ability, compassion and general professionalism.