Dr. Allison Britt Kimmins MD, MPH Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 24th, 2015
Horrible Service.. You're Just a Number
I have been going to this office for 3 yrs. I called this office 3 times b/c I needed a prescription refill. My 1st call was at 10am. My last call was at the end of the day and they assured me that they would put my request in. I gave them the name and location of the pharmacy, the type of meds, and my phone # to call me if they had any questions. Sorry to say they did not do it. I was very upset b/c this was a prescription that really needed to be filled and waiting a day wld delay my recovery process. Needless to say, they called me back the next morning and told me that the reason they didn't fill the RX was b/c I had 2 pharmacies listed in the system. (that was a lie) They never once apologized for the delay or took ownership for their mistake. I informed them that you have my # why didn't you call me. I also stated that I provided this info on the vm and I also gave it to the receptionist. Still no apology. I asked them to have the Dr call me back and she did. She explained that the real reason it was not done was because they thought she did it and she thought they would do it. The Dr explained that she promised her grandson that she would take him somewhere and that's why she left the office early that day. So the Dr aplogized and said she would do things better next time. That was not good enough for me and at that point I was not coming back because they lied and never apologized but since the Dr was so truthful about what really happened I was willing to give them another chance if she could make up for it. So I asked the Dr if she could provide me a discount off of a cosmetic procedure which costed $75. Well she said no. I said ok and ended the call. I will not be back at this office. They don't care about their patients and they don't own up to their mistakes. 1). They made me wait all day for a medication that they could have called into the pharmacy in 5 mins. 2).They never apologized for the mistake. They lied and tried to put the blame on something else. (we have 2 pharmacies listed. 3). The Dr was not willing to make things right after she knew they made the mistake. In closing, if an office doesn't care enough about you to keep your business, then why go there. This office truly is about the money. The DR does not care about her patients. She is more into herself, her family and making money. She knew the type of meds that I needed were serious and instead of making sure I was taken care of, she rushed out the door so she could please her grandson. Very poor service. I will not be back at this office again. This review is honest and true.

October 23rd, 2012
beware!!!!
I am a Licensed cosmetology instructor in the State of PA. I have a daughter who is a licensed esthetician in PA. in a very upscale salon. I taught Chemical peels, I get chemical peels for adult acne. I wanted a MEDICAL GRADE PEEL. I went to Dr. Britt-Kimmons practice. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!! I never saw the Dr. at all. She never came in the room. I made an appt. for a medcial grade peel to get a MEDICAL procedure!!!! An esthetician put *somethin* questionable on my skin. I told her it is nopt tingling, it is not doing ANYTHING... i kept telling her this is not right. She got something in my eyes i had to tell her THAT???? Oh my gosh, it was an awful experience. I complianed at the front desk, I paid and figured i woulod call my MasterCard when i got home and file a complaint and they would make sure i didn't have to pay for such a terrible service. i called the office 1st though and said i wanted to talk to the Dr. (do you hear crickets too??) because i am still waiting 3 months later for a return call. What a waste of time. DO NOT GO there! The office was filthy and the waiting broom was worn and tired~! The staff was rude too!I will stick with going to my daughter! Forget the joke of Medical grade peel!

May 14th, 2012
Good Doctor, Poor Staff
Staff scheduled me for the wrong date in their computer and gave me an attitude when I disagreed with them. I didnt have my appointment card with me at the time but I brought it back in the next day to prove that they had me schduled for the wrong date. They acknowledged the mistake but never aopolgized.

August 16th, 2011
Horrible Staff
I recently had an appointment with Dr. Britt Kimmins and after 1 hour of waiting in the waiting room, I had still not been called back into the treatment room. When I kindly approached the receptionist, she said there was 1 patient in the treatment room and 2 others in front of me waiting to be seen. I left, as I had to get back to work, and feel that waiting 2 hours for a SCHEDULED appointment is beyond ridiculous. My mother had the same experience with Dr. Britt Kimmins at her last appointment and when she asked the doctor why they schedule appointments so close together she replied "because sometimes patients cancel". Well, sometimes patients DON'T cancel, and then they end up waiting 2 hours to be seen. The staff did not apologize for any inconvenience and didn't have the courtesy to warn me that I would have to wait an incredibly long time. Additionally, she does not spend adequate time on full-body checks (my last visit was only 5 minutes and she did not check all areas of my body), which in my opinion is not acceptable. I have found a new doctor and will not be returning to Dr. Britt Kimmins. When I told the staff I needed my records transferred because I did not wish to be seen by Dr. Britt Kimmins any longer they did not ask why which to me illustrates their lack of concern for their patients well-being.

July 9th, 2011
all about the money
I had 2 issues to resolve with a Dermatologist. Staff knew, waited 8 weeks for an appt to be told Doctor only deals with one issue per appointment? Saw me for less than 5 minutes and brought up stuff if she had even glanced at my chart would have known about. My next appointment would be 6 weeks away? I found another Doctor. I have the beginning of skin cancer, who can take a chance on her missing something because she can't do more than one thing at a time. If you have something serious do not go to this doctor.

July 6th, 2011
Great Find
Dr Kimmins and her staff were great, they were very informative and helpful. They provided me with helpful options for both my medical and cosmetic concerns

August 17th, 2009
Yvonne Fish
GREAT Doctor!!

July 5th, 2009
Great Doctor, great staff
The Dr. is very knowledgeable and has a great manner. Her staff was very helpful. My condition was treated and my skin looks great!!! Thanks Dr. Kimmins

April 10th, 2009
A great experience
The doctor and her staff were wonderful. They clearly explained my condition and mapped out my treatment plan

March 12th, 2009
Great Dr.
She was very thorough in explaining my options to cure my acne and what I could use while trying to get pregnant and what was off limits. The prescription she gave me cured my acne within a week. The prescription was generic, waaaaay cheaper than Proactive!

February 4th, 2009
FYI
Worst Dermatologist ever. I have been a patient of Dr. Britt Kimmons for 6 years and she has yet to cure my acne. She tries something new and very expensive every time I see her. My last appointment will definitely be my last visit. I understand that everyone has to find a good prescription combination, but maybe if she didnt rush you though appointments and took some to examine your condition to properly assess the problem, she maybe able to prescribe something that works. My skin is the worst is has ever been under her care.

December 8th, 2008
Great doctor!!!
I have tried my other doctors prior to Dr Allison Britt Kimmins, and she was by far the most personable and knowledgeable