Dr. Allison Gorrebeeck MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 8th, 2015
Dr. Gorrebeeck is an excellent physician. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and caring.

November 28th, 2014
Physician, Caregiver, Mentor
I met Dr. Gorrebeeck about eighteen months ago, after being diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. From that time until the present, she has been an excellent resource to me, physically, mentally, and emotionally. At various times since my diagnosis, I have been paralyzed with fear: when I thought my cancer had spread to other organs; when I thought that chemotherapy wasn't working for me; and when I thought my surgical wound would never heal. At all of these times, she has been a gentle and calming presence in my life, demonstrating that she was not only there to treat my illness but to relate to me as a person. Physically, I had a rough time after my first chemotherapy treatment. At my next office visit, she listened intently to what I said about my symptoms and prescribed two supplemental medications that significantly eased the pain and nausea I had felt after that first treatment. Somehow she always manages to walk a beautiful line between competent physician and caring friend. I feel very blessed that I found her, and I would heartily recommend her to anyone.

March 2nd, 2014
I highly recommend Dr. Gorrebeeck. She is my medical oncologist as a result of breast cancer. Dr. Gorrebeeck is thorough, caring, and up-to-date with the newest and best options for treatment. She is clear and straight forward in providing needed information and she listens earnestly to concerns and seeks answers and solutions. She genuinely wants the best for her patients.

December 2nd, 2013
trust is important
I came to Dr. Gorrebeeck after a horrible experience with another oncologist. I was looking for someone who was willing to spend time to answer my questions (I had a lot!), educate me about how I could improve my health, and make me feel like I was valued as a patient. She was able to do that and I am grateful. I didn't feel rushed during the visit. I was receiving chemotherapy and the support and encouragement I needed to fight cancer. Her office staff were always genuinely kind and considerate. It is a year later and I come back twice a year to her for check ups and she asks all the right questions and addresses my concerns with respect and knowledge. I highly recommend her.

March 13th, 2012
great so far
It's a nice office setting and I didn't have to wait long to see her. Once I did see her, she actually remembered me months later when another genetic screening test became available. She called me herself and had me call her back directly. I never had to go through a nurse. Pretty rare these days.