Dr. Allison Hughes MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Mercer Island, WA

August 26th, 2016
Wonderful care!
I am thrilled with care I recede ivied from Dr. Huges; she is compassionate and caring along with being highly competent in her medical care. I was travelling to Mercer Island from BC, Canada and received treatment only available in the USA.

February 9th, 2016
Dr. Hughes is very knowledgeable and skilled at what she does. I came to her a few years ago with a pretty severe skin condition that I was certain would leave me scarred for life. She suggested an entirely different type of treatment that, while not the most pleasant experience, completely resolved the condition with no scarring and no recurrence. I trust her with my skin more than anyone else!

July 27th, 2015
I'm a pretty frequent user of fillers,
I'm a pretty frequent user of fillers, but hadn't tried Perlane; and had never had the cheeks done (apples). I went to a fantastic derm that did the Perlane today and I am amazed and so pleased with the results. I only used one vial in the apples of my cheeks, and it took 10 years off my face. I didn't think I had that much volume loss, but man, did this little bit make an incredible difference. I would highly recommend this!

November 17th, 2013
Awful doctor!!
DO NOT see this doctor!! She did a laser treatment on my face and it was the worst experience of my life. She told me I would be recovered in 10 days. It took months, and I was left with scars on my face after she promised me several times there would be no scars. After all of this I asked her to refund the money I paid for the procedure ($2,000). She refunded to give me the refund. She "seems" like a nice person, but she is a horrible doctor and person.

June 27th, 2012
Misdiagnosed!
This was the worst experience I ever had with a doctor!! She barely even looked at the bump before determining it was a mole and recommending that I get the problem lasered off. She seemed very rushed to recommend this surgery. During the prep of the surgery, the bump actually feel off. She had it tested in the lab and found out it was something else. I can't believe I almost went into surgery after a misdiagnosis!!Later, I was billed for the procedure. When I asked why I was being charged for a procedure that never occured (since the bump fell off without the laser removal), she panicked and said that she didn't even have a laser removal system in her office and said that I had made up the entire story! Even though I had seen the laser myself and was in the room to have the bump removed!Overall, my general impression of her is very unprofessional and I would not recommend her.

September 12th, 2011
Very caring
Dr. Hughes seems like a very caring person. She is very friendly and good-natured, which may seem "flighty" to some people but was actually very refreshing to me. I liked her a lot and felt I was given very good care. I will recommend her to others.

November 2nd, 2009
Scam Dr.
what a nightmare I went into mercer Island dermatology for help with a skin condition. Dr Hughes seemed to be on something very flighty and babbling. suggesting expensive cosmetic services! I went to another DR and he treated my problem with a simple cream that my insurance paid for!