Dr. Allison Ring MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Milwaukee, WI

July 25th, 2016
Very friendly and understanding. Gives each patient a lot of time to think of any questions they want to ask her. Explains any medical conditions very thoroughly! I am very glad I have her as my OB-GYN

June 29th, 2016
I advise anyone not to go to Dr. Ring. I had an appointment with her and she did not care about my feelings. She was not sympathetic at all. I would definitely get a new gynecologist.

June 7th, 2016
I have a horrible experience with this doctor, she is rude and has too much ego. She has her own mind set and do not want to listen to patient's opinion. I think if you can't win your patient's trust, you can't heal them.

January 19th, 2016
Dr. Ring is kind, caring, respectful. I never feel rushed during my appointments. She delivered my first baby which ended up being a c-section and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

July 27th, 2015
great surgeon
Really great at considering the FATHER'S opinion throughout birth process. Not very informal on alternative options to help heal the body. She is direct and respected by her colleagues however very pushy towards c sections and not encouraging for vaginal births. Delivered two children of mine via c section the scaring healed pretty well however I was told tht I could rip stiches if I vaginally delivered my second born which is possible but a very low risk as to which I didn't learn until after the birth of my second child.

May 9th, 2015
not satisfied
I saw Dr. Ring for my first pregnancy. She was ok overall, but first time she followed an approach reg medication that was not convincing to me. The other time she didn't warn us enough about possible situation we could get into. Also She didn't provide any suggestion for pain I went through couple times during pregnancy. Overall my satisfaction with her is average.

January 17th, 2015
Never again
Scheduled once-yearly physical, billed incorrectly, she refused to resolve issue. Will not give business again.

September 24th, 2014
Not the best
I started to see Dr.Ring in January. We decided on an IUD for my method of birth control. She had to take it out months later then put me on hormonal birth control that was horrible for me. This doctor doesn't care about your feelings and just comes in and gets her job done and leaves. I have had better doctors at planned parenthood. In fact,I got the IUD back in at planned parenthood,while not on my period which Dr Ring said I must be on to have the IUD placed, and the doctor at planned parenthood did an amazing job! He took time to listen to my concerns and I was able to get an appointment fast. Don't go to Dr.Ring if you want an apointment within the week. Might take a few months even if you have a serious issue.

August 19th, 2012
Dr. Ring is a great doctor!
I have been going to Dr. Ring for 3 years and she is the best OB/GYN I have seen. She was my doctor throughout my first pregnancy and was there (at 4:00am) for the birth of my daughter when she had just gotten back from vacation the day before. Many OB's do not attend deliveries at that hour, and would just let the on-call doctor handle it. She was caring, and so awesome during my pregnancy and delivery. I had an unmedicated birth and Dr. Ring was very supportive and helped me throughout the birth. It was an amazing experience, and she made me feel very relaxed, not scared or stressed at all. I saw her recently for a minor surgical procedure and I had some chest pain later that day which I called Dr. Ring about. She called me the next day to check on me and make sure I was ok. She is very matter of fact, not the warm and fuzzy type, but she is a great doctor, which is the most important thing to me. I appreciate her matter of fact approach, and I feel like she gives you the time you need to get all your questions answered.

July 16th, 2012
Professional, caring, and fantastic doctor. Love her!
Dr Ring is my ob and delivered both of my children. Both of my children were born at night. And both times she was there to check up on me throughout the day. She was there when it was time for delivery and both deliveries went as planned. I have to say that I always felt at ease when she was in the room. My husband and I both think that she is fantastic and would recommend her to everyone. She's delivered both of my children and if I have another she will certainly be my doctor.

September 24th, 2010
Dr. is not concerned w/ Comfort of Patients, nor believes in anesthesia or Pain Medication!!! Run Now!
I saw Dr. Ring for the Mirena IUD. I was told that the prcedure to insert the IUD was just a "little more" uncomfortable than having a Pap smear. This was a complete and utter lie. This procedure was the most painful experience I have ever had. To make matters worse, I asked if I could have a local anesthetic or a Twilight med for the procedure & was told no. And it took Dr. Ring 3 times before she was able to get the IUD inserted past my Cervix. When I screamed out in pain during the proceedure she paused only for a moment & continued on. After it was finally in, I was in so much pain I nearly passed out and told Dr. Ring this. Her response was I will get you some water. I asked for pain meds, was denied. She offered Ibuprophen, but guess what, They didn't have any. I laid in that exam roon for 30 minutes after the procedure before I made my way to the bathroom where I proceeded to vomit. At no point did ANYONE, including Dr. Ring herself, come to check in on me. She is sweet on the outside, evil on the inside. Cancel your appointment NOW