Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

3.0

PCP show details PCP
Mar 31st, 2012

The one time I have an emergency and wait to try to see my doctor on Friday, I can't get into see her at all. So I called Tricare who suggested she give me a referral to a doctor who could see me. I had a 1/2 thorn in the end of my toe with my toenail half way ripped off, with my toe already running puss. After finally finding a podiatrist who could see me, She would not give me an emergency referral (as suggested by the Tricare agent) so I could see the doctor on Friday. So, my PCP could not see me, I could not get a referral to see a doctor when I CLEARLY NEEDED A DOCTOR. After 6 calls back and forth to her office and her staff complaining because I kept asking for help, I went to the ER which cost Tricare Insurance twice as much money as if I could have gotten 5 minutes of her time on Friday. The whole idea of having a family doctor is to have someone available to see you when you are sick or have an emergency. This group purports to be similar to an urgent care facility but when I needed some urgent care, there was no help for me. She also was suppose to call in some meds for IC (I'm in a raging flare right now of this disease) but she obviously did not find the time on Friday to do this either. I'm surmising that maybe her hurry was due to spring break? I don't know but Tricare Prime did not get the support I was promised on Friday. Prior to needing her in an emergency on Friday, she is only in the office Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'm requesting that Tricare find me a doctor who works full time and can be available to care for me when an emergency happens. I'm upset and I'm mad, I'm very mad and feel like I was not treated right by her or by Gadsden Family Medical last Friday.