Allston J Stubbs MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 8 reviews

September 10th, 2016
FAI surgery
i would recommend Duke orthopedics.

February 27th, 2016
Dr. Allston Stubbs: The only surgeon for FAI repair in athletes
He is the go to physician for hip pain and FAI. I used another physician that got high scores that literally put my hip health at risk. Dr. Stubbs performed a revision and SAVED MY HIP! He also fixed the other hip, also with success. This is no easy surgery folks...you better get the best surgeon out there as this is really an open procedure using a scope. I compete for TEAM USA in triathlons and I could not have done it without Dr. Stubbs.

November 22nd, 2012
A Rare Breed
In my experience, I would label Dr Stubbs a rare breed for talented surgeons. Maybe, it was the southern hospitality or the time in which he and his office staff spent reviewing my films and exam. He cares and is not out to put another surgery in his book. God forbid, if I ever need arthroscopy, I know where it would be with Dr Stubbs at Wake Forest University Medical Center.

April 30th, 2012
Excellent Physician
I had been in debilitating hip pain for many years. After many visits to my primary care physician, I sought treatment at Wake Forest University's Orthopedic Department who referred to Dr Allton Stubbs. He performed an arthroscopy on my right hip and repaired a large labral tear. He also corrected a pincer lesion, 2 cam lesions and performed a micro-fracture. I am 5 weeks post op and feeling great. Thank You Dr Stubbs.

January 13th, 2012
Dr. Stubbs is an amazing doctor and surgeon. I was misdiagnosed with my hip pain for 1 1/2 years before I saw Dr. Stubbs. He diagnosed me with a labral tare. He spent 30 minutes with me examining both my hips and talking about my options. I had surgery by him last month and so far am pain free. He wants the best for his patients. He is honest, professional, and will go back when I need my other hip done.

January 24th, 2011
Dr. Stubbs is an excellent doctor. He performed arthroscopic hip surgery to correct a labral tear in my left hip. He is very cautious with his patients and makes every decision to allow the patient to recover with the least amount of complications. He is very honest and gives his patients every bit of information they need to make a good decision about surgery. I couldn't have asked for better care. 2 1/2 years later, I am pain free and very grateful for the wonderful care I received from Dr. Stubbs and his staff.

January 18th, 2011
Amazing Surgeon
I am a soldier in the SOF community who abuses his body to protect the lives of others. I physically put myself through rigors most professional athletes wouldn't and couldn't do. It all came to s screaching halt about three months ago because of a whole lot of torn cartilage in my hip. Dr Stubbs performed FAI surgery as well as microfracture surgery in my left hip. I am one week post op and can already feel the difference in my hip. I f you have hip pain, groin pain, and your doctor can't explain it, go see Dr Stubbs. I will probably need my right hip done in a couple of years and no matter where I am in the world I will come back for him to do the surgery. His post op physical therapy protocal is second to none and the Staff at the Wake Forrest Hip center is second to none in courteousy and professionalism. Thank you from a grateful soldier.

August 17th, 2010
What a great doctor, why can't they all be like this?
Dr Stubbs is extremely caring, honest, and very knowledgeable. Highly recommended.You won't find a better doctor.