Dr. Allyson Van Steenbergen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Allyson Van Steenbergen?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Allyson Van Steenbergen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 14th, 2015

Wonderful!

Dr. Ally has been with us from the start over twelve years ago and has overseen our children's well being since that time. Never once was I mistreated, or spoken to in a way that was disrespectful. She is thoughtful, caring, professional and really takes the time to get to know her patients. I am guessing that the negative reviews posted on this site have to do with parents who feel as though their kids should be exempt from immunizations and are unhappy that their physician does not agree with them. As a teacher, I was always second-guessed by parents who felt they were "experts" in how to teach/conduct learning in a classroom when in reality, they simply had no clue or understanding of the science behind it. Much like we have here in this forum.

August 7th, 2015

Dr. Ally is incredible!! WE are so lucky to have found her 15 years ago for our first born!

November 21st, 2014

Dr. Ally

Dr. Ally has been my daughter's doctor since she was 5days old. She has always treated us with kindness and always cares. she talks directly to my daughter who is now 3 and makes her feel special. she has an awesome way with kids and it beams from her. i would recommend anyone to Dr. Ally. my daughter and i both love her!

October 8th, 2014

Horrible!

Never been a mother-- basically yelled at us when we were concerned about our child and wanted to admit them to the hospital and run unnecessary tests. Ridiculous. Flew off the handle... she definitely needs some time off. Very biting and rude demeanor. See ya!

October 9th, 2013

Has never been a mother and hasn't 'lived' her advice

we have loved Dr. Aly for several years, however, recently she has been extremely rude and quick to judge on several issues concerning our baby. She personally has never done these things, but she has extremely strong opinions about what you should do and not do. Her tone of voice was quick, biting, and unacceptable. We thought long and hard about our decision, but it is time to move on. I am not sure what has changed with her, but she seems very stressed and we are not comfortable sharing things with her anymore, and that's not right. We just want the best for our kids!

November 7th, 2011

The front office staff is rude and inconsiderate. Making any type of an apptointment with some of the Dr's is a nightmare.

September 17th, 2011

Lots of talking, not enough listening

Dr. Ally has a very strong personality. Which is perfectly fine. It's what I liked about her initially...someone who could put my questions to rest firmly. I didn't always agree with Dr. Ally on certain baby raising subjects so whenever they came up I just nodded my head and avoided discussing it. I have a strong personality too and I believe that regardless of what my pediatrician thinks, I am still in the driver's seat 24/7 with my child. When a real issue came up I was pretty shocked when Dr. Ally had some strong words for me before actually asking me questions about what was going on. She didn't have all the information and proceeded in chiding me for not following guidelines on her website and instead consulting books and other reliable resources of information. She was rude and belittling and I admit that I got pretty defensive. I realized before the visit was even over that I was done with her. I thought about the visit for a long time afterwards and came to the conclusion that I should be able to be candid with my pediatrician about what I am doing with my child even if they do not agree with me. I doubt that I will be able to find a doctor that will completely see eye to eye with me on every subject but I would prefer to have one who gives me their honest opinion without judgement of how I choose to do things. If you are planning to use Dr. Ally I would overall say that there were a lot of things I did like about her and she is very knowledgeable but in the end that one visit was completely unacceptable. Have the facts before you develop an opinion and never treat your clients like they are errant children.

March 16th, 2011

She is an AMAZING doctor! Highly recommended!

Dr. Alley has taken care of both my children since birth, she is both knowledgeable and wise. Her bedside manner is friendly and kind. She spends needed time with me and my kids, but also is professional and timely. We love her, and are grateful for her and her practice. Her staff is friendly and kind too. I can think of nothing negative to say.... She and her practice are a God send! Thanks for all you do Dr. Ally.

March 27th, 2009

I love Dr Ally!

I come from unique perspective since I'm not just the mom of one of her patients but I also work in the health field and have the opportunity to deal with her professionally from time to time. She always remembers who I am over the phone when she returns my calls. (This amazes me for two reasons: one - that she can remember me and my son outside of the 4 walls of her office where she sees so many kiddos and parents, and two - many practitioners don't ever return their own calls, but have their nursing staff do this.) As a mom my favorite thing about her is that she has taken the time to actually see my child as a little boy, not just as a temperature and vitals and diagnoses. That means a lot to me. I'm expecting our second child and I look forward to taking him to see her too.

November 8th, 2016