Overall Review

March 29th, 2016
Great doc & staff!!

August 21st, 2015
Very easy to talk to. Personable.

July 8th, 2012
Dr. Westbrook has a ease about him that makes you comfortable to ask questions. He has a great bedside manner. I would recommend him to any patient.

October 24th, 2011
Doesn't understand dementia
He's a nice man and is probably good for those who don't have complicated histories, but he doesn't understand dementia related family issues very well. For example, my mother wanders at night. She is unsafe because she gets into things, she tries to plug things in the wrong way and so forth. She gets only about 3 hours of sleep at a time. When I asked for something to help her rest at night, he told me how the elderly don't need as much sleep as people our age and said he would not give it. While what he said is actually true, he was not understanding the graveness of my situation. In order for me to keep my mother at home, I have to be able to get some sleep. I have medical issues of my own and she needs supervision at all times. Wandering is simply not an option.I also sense a little arrogance. When she was in the hospital, I asked for him to call me and left a list of 10 questions I had for him, since I was unable to be there 24/7. When I explained that my mother's family had been involved in the list and I needed to explain the answers to them, he said I should tell them that we are privileged because he doesn't make phone calls to family members when patients are in the hospital. I would think that communication is an important part of his job, whether or not it involves face-to-face discussions or via telephone.As far as his treatment of my mother, he is very kind. He has a great sense of humor and is very likable, aside from the other issues listed above. As I said, I would highly recommend him for people without any complicated problems. He'd be great as my own doctor and were I not already using another I would have no problems using him for myself, despite his shortcomings. I just don't think he's the one for complicated elder care. I'm giving him good scores here, because to be fair I should. I just wanted to explain this so that other's can make informed decisions.

April 10th, 2010