Dr. Almas Mecklai MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 30th, 2013
Save my life
22 years ago Dr Macklai listen to me when I told her I had sometimes pain in a breast, even with no cancer family history , she sent me over and over to specialists that thought I was nuts and would not do a biopsy, Dr Macklai believed that I needed a biopsy, after 3 months and countless doctors I got a biopsy, I had breast cancer, 2 types, and had a mastectomy and chemo, 22 years survivor. I moved and have not being able to find such a caring doctor.

November 19th, 2013
Felt rushed
Felt a little rushed and definitely felt like I left without getting the information I needed. It was my first visit and I won't be going back. The receptionist was great though, very friendly..

May 9th, 2013
Waste of time and money
My husband and I saw Dr. Mecklai and at first, thought that she was very thorough because she always asks for tests (i.e. blood work, x-rays, etc.) When my husband was actually diagnosed with something major, she sent us a $4,000 bill (for all of the tests) and wrote "must loose weight". Never fully explaining what his condition was, how to treat it, or anything. We wound up going to another doctor, who explained what his condition is, how to treat it, etc. Would NEVER go to Dr. Mecklai again.

October 12th, 2011
Excellent doctor
Dr. Mecklai has never made me wait more than 2 minutes to see her. She is the only doctor I know that is considerate of her patients' waiting time. She is a very thorough doctor; I began seeing her after she had found 4 different kinds of cancer on my friend over 15 years. She is extremely efficient with her exams, I don't have to go to another lab for my blood test, and her diagnosis is spot on. She caught the fact that I was allergic to a drug another doctor prescribed. You will not find nicer people!