A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alon Gitig:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alon Gitig, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Gitig graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx.
Dr. Gitig has 8 hospital affiliations:
- SJRH - St John's Division
- Mt Sinai Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gitig accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 11 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Hudson Health Plan - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alon Gitig practice?
Dr. Alon Gitig practices Cardiovascular Disease near Suffern, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Yonkers, NY.
See Suffern Cardiologists.