Dr. Alpana Shekhar Is this you?

3 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Alpana Shekhar?

Not a great experience with Dr. Shekhar

Posted on February 21st, 2013

My review of Dr. Shekhar is based on a visit I had with her when I was unable to meet my own PCP. She has poor judgement, is generally rude, and overall lacks in professionalism. Through the course of that visit she made multiple assumptions about me, my work, and my lifestyle that were completely untrue. And she had no reason to make those assumptions - she could have simply asked, and I would have told her. Dr. Shekhar kept bringing up my weight when that had nothing to do with my current health problem for which I was visiting her. At one point in the visit she said to me "You probably have pre-diabetes." And she said that just by looking at me - without having any historical data or test results to support that statement. And as it turns out from my blood tests that I did later that day, I have no such illness. On the whole, it seemed like her diagnosis was driven more by her biases than by sound medical judgment. She did not leave a single opportunity to make me feel horrible about the fact that I am overweight, and that took me by surprise because my weight had really nothing to do with my symptoms that day. I surely will not be recommending Dr. Shekhar to my family or friends.

Posted on April 24th, 2015