Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor
Video profile

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
I do recommend Dr. Wise to my friends show details I do recommend Dr. Wise to my friends
by Lydia on Mar 6th, 2015

I've seen Dr. Wise since moving here in 2008 and immediately liked his style of practice. He is straight forward, but not pushy. He listens and discusses options and will refer to specialists as needed. He seems well connected in the medical community. His office staff was not the greatest back then, and I considered changing doctors because of the inconvenience, but that has changed significantly. The current staff are very prompt and efficient.

Dec 19th, 2014

A very caring, comforting presence...and a good sense of humor. A good guy!

HIGHLY DISSATISFIED. THIS IS PATIENT SERVICE? show details HIGHLY DISSATISFIED. THIS IS PATIENT SERVICE?
Nov 27th, 2012

I am leaving Dr. Wise. I was a new patient and luckily, have been healthy for the two months as a patient and had no need to see him. Until today, when I woke up with chest pains and tried to get an appointment. I was told that I couldn't see the doctor until I had a new patient appointment, which at the earliest would be in January. I was told to go to the ER instead. I pay insurance monthly to be able to see a doctor when I have medical issues. What kind of patient care is this? It costs me $10 for a co-pay to see the doctor. Dr. Wise's awful patient service cost me $100 in ER costs. This is a terrible way to care for patients' needs to penalize them for being mostly healthy.You've lost my business, Dr. Wise, without ever meeting me.

office staff is extremely dangerous and incompetent, doctor is okay show details office staff is extremely dangerous and incompetent, doctor is okay
Sep 12th, 2012

While Dr. Wise is personable and nice himself, his office staff and policies are extremely reckless and dangerous to patients' welfare. First of all, when I call, the office assistant is extremely rude and has hung up on me accidentally several times. Secondly, there is no decent follow-up on test results. The front desk assistant (I think her name is Christine) calls you about test results, but has provided inaccurate test results several times (e.g., wrong diagnosis, has missed important details). This has happened to me several times as well as to friends who use the office. She interprets your results without even having a college degree! This is extremely unethical. Dr. Wise is clearly overwhelmed and is unable to call patient's himself. He also spends about 5-10 minutes with each patient and does not do any follow-up phone calls. Overall, I would not recommend this practice.

A Personable MD show details A Personable MD
Feb 3rd, 2011

Dr. Wise is not like the other robot doctors you may come into contact with. He's caring, doesn't talk down to you like most doctors, and truly cares about your overall health. What I like most is that he doesn't want to just treat the symptom but, the cause of it. He's not about masking a health problem...He's about getting to the cause of it and fixing that...Sometimes it's a simple lifestyle change...I like this holistic approach...Did I mention he's affiliated with John Muir which is one of the best hospital systems in California?

Finally a true family doctor show details Finally a true family doctor
by Christine Stewart at Citysearch on Dec 3rd, 2010 on citysearch.com

After seeing a doctor where I was just a and herded in and out like cattle, Dr. Wise is a breath of fresh air in family practice. I have lived in the east bay since 2001 and never really found a doctor that I cared to stick with. Until now that is. Even my hubs who had never even been to a doctor in more than 10 years felt very comfortable during his first visit with Dr. Wise. Dr. Wise definitely took time to listen and explain to us any issue. It very much feels like a family run business and runs his office very efficiently using technology. He carries a tablet so your information is always at his finger tips. During our appointment, he sent our prescriptions directly to the pharmacy right as we were talking. Dr. Wise provides the personal attention we don`t get anymore these days in health care!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
DR WISE IS,OUR FAMILY DR show details DR WISE IS,OUR FAMILY DR
Mar 29th, 2010

DR.WISE TAKES TIME TO LISTEN TO HIS PATIENTS.I THINK HIS OFFICE STAFF ARE REALLY GOOD WITH FOLLOW UP.

by Steven Reed on Jan 28th, 2010

Best staff ever and GREAT doctor. I will never go to anyone else. I'm set for life.

Patient show details Patient
by Michelle Morris-Fortson on Jun 26th, 2009

Dr Wise became my doctor a little over a year ago. My very first visit I knew Dr. Wise was the doctor for me. I recall stating that I would never waste his time by coming to his office unless I was sick and could no longer get better by way of home remedies. He took me at my word, listened and begin to order test to try and provide a diagnoises. He's a wonderful doctor in my opinion and I'm very thankful to have him overseeing my medical care.