Dr. Alphaeus Wise Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alphaeus Wise?

March 6th, 2015

I do recommend Dr. Wise to my friends

I've seen Dr. Wise since moving here in 2008 and immediately liked his style of practice. He is straight forward, but not pushy. He listens and discusses options and will refer to specialists as needed. He seems well connected in the medical community. His office staff was not the greatest back then, and I considered changing doctors because of the inconvenience, but that has changed significantly. The current staff are very prompt and efficient.

December 19th, 2014

A very caring, comforting presence...and a good sense of humor. A good guy!

November 28th, 2012

HIGHLY DISSATISFIED. THIS IS PATIENT SERVICE?

I am leaving Dr. Wise. I was a new patient and luckily, have been healthy for the two months as a patient and had no need to see him. Until today, when I woke up with chest pains and tried to get an appointment. I was told that I couldn't see the doctor until I had a new patient appointment, which at the earliest would be in January. I was told to go to the ER instead. I pay insurance monthly to be able to see a doctor when I have medical issues. What kind of patient care is this? It costs me $10 for a co-pay to see the doctor. Dr. Wise's awful patient service cost me $100 in ER costs. This is a terrible way to care for patients' needs to penalize them for being mostly healthy.You've lost my business, Dr. Wise, without ever meeting me.

September 12th, 2012

office staff is extremely dangerous and incompetent, doctor is okay

While Dr. Wise is personable and nice himself, his office staff and policies are extremely reckless and dangerous to patients' welfare. First of all, when I call, the office assistant is extremely rude and has hung up on me accidentally several times. Secondly, there is no decent follow-up on test results. The front desk assistant (I think her name is Christine) calls you about test results, but has provided inaccurate test results several times (e.g., wrong diagnosis, has missed important details). This has happened to me several times as well as to friends who use the office. She interprets your results without even having a college degree! This is extremely unethical. Dr. Wise is clearly overwhelmed and is unable to call patient's himself. He also spends about 5-10 minutes with each patient and does not do any follow-up phone calls. Overall, I would not recommend this practice.

February 3rd, 2011

A Personable MD

Dr. Wise is not like the other robot doctors you may come into contact with. He's caring, doesn't talk down to you like most doctors, and truly cares about your overall health. What I like most is that he doesn't want to just treat the symptom but, the cause of it. He's not about masking a health problem...He's about getting to the cause of it and fixing that...Sometimes it's a simple lifestyle change...I like this holistic approach...Did I mention he's affiliated with John Muir which is one of the best hospital systems in California?

March 29th, 2010

DR WISE IS,OUR FAMILY DR

DR.WISE TAKES TIME TO LISTEN TO HIS PATIENTS.I THINK HIS OFFICE STAFF ARE REALLY GOOD WITH FOLLOW UP.

January 28th, 2010

Best staff ever and GREAT doctor. I will never go to anyone else. I'm set for life.

June 26th, 2009

Patient

Dr Wise became my doctor a little over a year ago. My very first visit I knew Dr. Wise was the doctor for me. I recall stating that I would never waste his time by coming to his office unless I was sick and could no longer get better by way of home remedies. He took me at my word, listened and begin to order test to try and provide a diagnoises. He's a wonderful doctor in my opinion and I'm very thankful to have him overseeing my medical care.

February 24th, 2017