Dr. Alphonso Brown MD, MS Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

April 10th, 2015
Invested a lot to no avail
As much as he is empathetic, Dr. Brown is really ineffectual unless (I expect) you are easy to diagnose. I went to him for a very long time, waited a LOT to see him, tried many things (empirically) at his suggestion and still got not relief. He basically gave up on me at the point I asked him to check something I had a hunch about. Granted I am not an easy case but that is the reason one goes to a specialist. I look at his list of specialities, many of which I have symptoms and yet I was never diagnosed by him, nor did any of the drugs he prescribed do any good. Alas they ended up in the garbage. The office staff is very difficult, so don't expect much from them. Good luck. I have yet to find a great GI doctor.

January 15th, 2014
Was a great visit. He's very patient and lessons to you. Returned my phone call when I had a question and ery satisfied to have chosen him. I will recommend anyone that is suffering from a gastro problem.

November 27th, 2013
Diagnosed my long suffering GI problem
After many years of suffering from a serious GI problem and seeing many Doctors at prestigious hospitals around the Boston area, someone recommended Dr. Brown. He was the best thing that happened to me. Not only he was kind but Dr. Brown took the time to listen to my problem and it’s rare to find Doctors these days that will take their time and listen to a patient. Dr. Brown is very serious about his job. It only took another visit and I had my diagnosis. Dr. Brown is a very busy doctor because he has many patients but I didn’t mind waiting to be seen. I really enjoy talking with him and will recommend Dr. Brown to my friends and family or anyone

April 8th, 2013
I have never seen Doctor like this one
he has very strange behavior, he looks very tired with yawn constantly, thick and rough breathing, slow, listless movement; never response requesting from patient, It’s too risky to let him perform any procedure. I have to go to medical record office to get result of test and found he ignored the very important blood test that I should have. so for your safe and life go find other doctor at least normal.

October 19th, 2012
Dr Brown is a wonderful doctor! Sometimes (due to emergencies - or maybe overbooking) you do end up waiting a long time to see him but it's worth the wait.

May 25th, 2012
Best doctor I've ever had
I had a GI problem, Dr. Brown spent literally hours in office visits with me. I one had to wait 2hours because he was with another patient. It's worth it. He is so caring and nice. He makes you feel important and goes beyond other doctor's typical roles. I recommend him a million times over.

January 8th, 2016