Dr. Althea Alexis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 9th, 2016
She saved my life.
I liked Dr. Alexis' bedside manner and attentive care from the time I started seeing her while ~8 weeks pregnant with our first baby. But after two crazy pregnancies and postpartums, I can honestly say she was a God-send. Because of her diligence, I have two healthy children, in spite of back-to-back placenta accreta/increta. She listened and made special concessions which probably saved my life when I almost bled out during a postpartum D&C. She did and said the hard things that allowed us to make wise decisions. She cried with me. She called me from her personal cell phone, and even from her vacation, to check on me. No doctor is perfect, and no doctor is infallible, but Dr. Alexis is someone I would ~ and did ~ trust with my life, and those of my little ones.

December 1st, 2015
My time was not valued. Staff was required to overbook. It often took 3 hours for my annual exam or any follow up visit.

November 2nd, 2015
Very knowledgeable, she takes her time with you.

March 13th, 2015
Great Dr.
Well, I don't know about crazy lady before me (her review was not even completely coherent), but I love Dr. Alexis. Yes, you could wait for a long time (however sometimes I go straight back), but you have to remember she is an OB. This means if a mom goes into labor and is ready to deliver- out Dr. Alexis must go (the same will happen for you when your time comes fyi). I have never felt rushed or "dumb" for asking questions. Ironically I left my last OB bc of this very thing. She was rude, spoke down to me, and never seemed to care about my concerns. Dr. Alexis and her staff are friendly, understanding, and always willing to answer questions (no matter how trivial). I actually had a fall (did not hit my belly thank God), but Dr. Alexis and her staff were still concerned. My mother had her hysterectomy done by Dr. Alexis and two of my co-workers had her as their OB- all three loved her as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Alexis to anyone.

February 20th, 2014
Please read if pregnant and before you decide to choose her as your dr.
I told her when I conceived and what my due date should have been. She said I was wrong and said it was 2 weeks later. This was my first pregnancy and I'm very in tune with my body. By the time I was towards the end and 2 days before I said was my due date my baby was measuring exactly to that but she wouldn't let me deliver until a week later. Not only that but during my pregnancy my husband and I would have sex and one time I bled after, I freaked out called the dr office they said I could come in to check on me, her freaking nurse walks into my room where I'm waiting to be seen laughing her butt off saying you wouldn't believe what this patient called and said...she's concerned bc she's bleeding from sex. First off the lady either knew it was me who called and wanted to mske feel dumb for being concerned for my child's well being OR it's a big joke to tell other patients intimate details of other patients, oh and my very first appt the ultrasound tech told mr the heart rate was low and not to keep my hopes up. I told her that god and Jesus know all about my baby and I believe my baby is protected and covered in the blood of Jesus. Dr. Alexis never told me I was to be on bed rest-yelled at me when I went to a graduation. One thing she said while I was pregnant and miserable was that I was still smiling so I didn't need to deliver yet. That's just the kind of person I am, I smile if happy or sad. I was told that my daughter should be around 7 pounds. I had c section after being in labor for 12 hours and my daughter was 23 in long 10 pounds and 13 oz. I'm pretty freakin sure I was the correct One on my due date. I was suppose to recover for 8 weeks since having a c section but she had me come in after 5 weeks bc she needed to go on vacation. Always rushed with me never wanted to answer questions and made me feel like i was annoying her the entire time. Please don't go to her-it's not a good experience.

December 4th, 2013
Be sure to wait more than an hour to see the doctor,...
Only problem I had was when I called to report a problem I thought I may be experiencing due to the medication prescribed to me. I was told by a nurse that I would hear back with a response in three days..never heard from the office. After waiting a week, I talked to the nurse about not receiving a phone call and would like to know if my meds were causing terrible side effects. To this day, two months later..still no phone call.

May 3rd, 2013
I JUST LOVE DR. ALEXIS!!!!
I just LOVE Dr. Alexis!!! She is awesome and listens to what you have to say. She is also African American, which I thought was really nice to see. I am a Surrogate Mother and she delivered my Surro Child and will have more to follow. LOL. Her bedside manner was great along with her not rushing to get to the next patient makes you feel important. Her staff (Kim, I like a lot) and co-workers are just so upfront, professional, and understanding on how you feel that day. Dr. Alexis gets things done for you. I would recommend her to family and friends.

May 31st, 2011
Not impressed
I had some issues following a pap smear. Left 3 messages for office staff and finally got a return phone call 2 weeks later. Did not feel that she was listening to what I was saying over a concern. Ultrasound was done and staff looked over LATEX allergy and used latex which gave me a burn. Will not be returning back to see this doctor. Not impressed at all.