A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alton Burns:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alton Burns is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alton Burns, MD is board certified in Plastic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Central Nervous System Vascular Anomalies (Brain Vascular Malformation)
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Laser Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Burns graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Burns has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Medical City Dallas Hospital
- Baylor University Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burns accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 6 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan