A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alvaro Dominguez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alvaro Dominguez is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alvaro Dominguez, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Dominguez graduated from Universidad De La Republica, Montevideo. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Dominguez has 20 hospital affiliations:
- St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
- Lenox Hill Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Dominguez accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 18 plans
- WellCare - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alvaro J. Dominguez practice?
Dr. Alvaro Dominguez practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Cardiology near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY.
See Brooklyn Internists and Brooklyn Cardiologists.