Overall Review

September 27th, 2016
Mr
Sought a second opinion on my wife's condition and, after testing, found that she had been completely misdiagnosed my another pain management 'specialist' in Morgantown. Dr. Gutierrez can be difficult to understand at times, but after 3 years my wife and I have complete confidence in his ability and that of his staff.

April 12th, 2016
he is one of the best love him to death

March 17th, 2016
Husband
Choose someone else!! Wife went there for migraines. She was prescribed a very high dose of SSRI drugs that did not help with the migraines, then something to help with sleep because of the SSRI wouldn't let her sleep. Long story short, she was on medication that did not treat the problem and completely changed her as a person!!!!!!!!!!!!! She became someone I didn't even know at times. So self centered and mean at times. Now that she is off the meds and seeing someone else...migraines are better and she is back to herself. Before any SSRI drug is prescribed to treat migraines there should be a huge warning label!!!!! This can make you become someone that one day you will hate once your off the medication. And you need to inform the patient that coming off the of the meds is absolutely horrible!!! I'm glad to have my wife back and that she is not seeing him anymore. It always seemed like there was a pill/drug for everything without evening thinking about personality side effects.

June 10th, 2015
Rude and arrogant... don't even mention applying for disability
Dr. Gutierrez and his staff very nice to me and respectful. He seemed to care about getting an accurate diagnosis which in my case was not straightforward. But he and his staff changed as soon as I mentioned applying for disability. He told me in person he could complete the paperwork then when it came down to doing so... completely changed. His staff called me and were very rude with me.. stating "just because you have neuropathy... lots of people have that and they can work!" They then told me he would not even fill out anything because he doesn't consider me disabled. This is NOT his call- that is social security's job . He only has to say what the diagnosis and limitations are, treatments, etc... and they are to decide this. I am looking for another neurologist in the area that will listen to me and care.

March 27th, 2015
At first he seemed nice and knowledgeable but after a couple years and especially after my regular insurance ended and I ended up needing Medicaid he became condescending and unconcerned with anything I said.

November 15th, 2014
Dr G review
He was the best. I'm just looking up his info for a friend. Dr

July 15th, 2014
I'd Pass
He over-prescribes and does not send the correct prescriptions to the pharmacy. Beware!!

February 25th, 2014
I was 'playing' him wrt FMLA
I have been seeing this Doctor for approx 3-4 years. In 2014, I had a severe migraine that required a prednisone bridge and a new beta blocker. my medical condition requires me to report off from work intermittently and now I was facing short term disability as well as needed my husband to request FMLA to take care of me/ kids during my incapacity. Ironically , during the appt, I asked him if he would approve my husbands / my FMLA, he replied Yes. When the time came to approve both my husbands and my FMLA / short term disability, he told the nurses to call me and tell me I was 'playing' him. What did I do wrong? The nurse replied that since I didn't 'call' routinely the last 2 weeks of my leave to check in on a weekly basis, both of our leaves would be denied. What?? I also was told that only ERs count or are traceable during weekends, etc. even though I went to 2 other facilities during this time bc of office closure and/ or no return phone call. He also will no longer see me as a patient. ????? Ummm. No records of my phone calls to the office!!?? What? I see these calls on my phone log. Please save yourself the heartache of building a patient/ doctor relationship w him and/ or record ur appts while he's in the office or you'll end up jobless, heartbroken and still unsure of why your head want stop hurting. His diagnosis, Stress. I'm still a number to him, not a patient, even though he has a small private practice, and Im searching for now the 4th neurologist. Good luck to all in Morgantown, WV!! I was told 'he' was the Best!! Haha

December 18th, 2013
Very upset
Very upset with this dr and staff... After years of having very bad painful headaches I went to him and he was very helpful at times but hard to understand... But he was one dr that could keep me pain free from these horrible headaches I get. But after a few years of not seeing him due to not having insurance I call his office to get back in with him to get these under control again I was informed he would not see me and that I needed to call my dr back and see if she could send me so where else cause he would Not... So who cares about us... All business and all about the money.. So let's leave someone in pain...

October 3rd, 2013
I suffered badly with migraines and he was the first Doctor to actually help me! He listened, was attentive and seemed deeply concerned about me. I travel two hours just to see him.

June 17th, 2013
Horrible Bedside Manner & Very Rude! Doesn't read reports!
This doctor was very rude. His office staff were very polite and courteous. I had to tell him what I thought and leave the room he had me so mad. He charges for a follow up appointment. I thought they could only charge once. He is very arrogant, smart mouthed and think's that it's ok that I have seizures since I only had two in 10 years. He told me my 2 D Echo was normal before even reading it and then when I told him what was abnormal about it he then read it and tried to minimize what was actually wrong with me as if it was no big deal. Never would return there!

May 16th, 2013
Pick another doctor!
Rude staff, rude doctor. I wish I could give no stars, especially under "accurate diagnosis" and "bedside manner". Take care of yourself and stay away.