Dr. Alvaro Hernandez Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alvaro Hernandez?

September 12th, 2017

Superlative surgeon

Dr. Hernandez replaced both of my knees this year. I recovered quickly following both procedures, and for the the first time in many years I can move and walk without pain, crunching, or imbalance. It has been life changing and anyone considering knee replacement should strongly consider consultation with him.

March 8th, 2017

Wait time in office depends on the time you have your appointment. It's best if you schedule early in the morning. Anything after 8 or 9 will cause you to wait more than a couple of hours..........very sad :(

Dr. Hernandez is a very skilled surgeon. We have seen him for partial knee replacement, tendonitis, other knee issues, and shoulder pain issues. The only concern we have is his time with the patient. He looks like he is rushed for time not spending a little more time with us. So, Dr. Hernandez, please slow down a bit. We love you dearly. Thank you for what you do.

May 7th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Hernandez for a number of years. He's such a caring doctor and takes his time to explain everything to you in detail. He also has a great sense of humor!!

March 16th, 2015

Excellent surgeon and a terrific human being. I have complete faith in him.

May 21st, 2014

Both Knees and very satisfied.

I had a total knee replacement on my right side, the leg that tilted in onto the other one. When that healed, I noticed the left knee had pain at certain angles, would lock up, and when getting up would send shooting pains up and down my leg. So I had Dr. Hernandez check to see if I would be a candidate for a partial. I hoped to be approved for a partial so I could get back to active living rather than being a recovering patient. He completed the partial replacement about 10 months after the total. The first four weeks of each knee were equally uncomfortable, but after eight weeks I was leagues ahead in healing for the partial knee side. Now it has been seven months and I am an active happy busy lady! And my legs are finally straight. I can even wear high heels, but only if they are comfortable. Not a slave to fashion!

October 1st, 2012

Mayo Robotic Arm Knee resurfacing surgery

I was supposed to have a total knee replacement by another Ortho group. I heard of this robotic Arm Knee resurfacing surgery (no knee replacement) the robotic arm shaves or cleans all the bad of the knee and a implant is put on...up in 6 hours walking after surgery, one night in hospital and two months later back at work..it is the greatest thing ever...but remember this is not for everyone so see if you qualify for this treatment. And Dr. Alvaro Hernandez is the only one in El Paso who does this procedure...he is wonderful, great bedside manner and explains everything you need to know...excellent...

June 18th, 2012

VERY SATISFIED

Dr. Hernandez has replaced both shoulder rotorcups and my right hip in the last two years. I'm now 65 and he did an excellent job. He took the time to explain what my wife wanted to know too, since she nursed me at all times.

October 9th, 2017