A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alvaro Montoya:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alvaro Montoya is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Montoya
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Montoya Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alvaro Montoya, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Atrial Fibrillation
Education & Awards
Dr. Montoya graduated from Universidad De Antioquia, Medellin.
Dr. Montoya has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Loyola University Medical Center
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alvaro Montoya MD is a male Surgeon, has 46 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Alvaro Montoya practice?
- Dr. Alvaro Montoya has 4 office locations.
Dr. Alvaro Montoya practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Wood Dale, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Willowbrook, IL and Chicago, IL.
See Wood Dale Surgeons.