Brought to you by
A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alvaro Murcia:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alvaro Murcia, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Murcia graduated from Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Santa Fe De Bogota.
Dr. Murcia has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hospital Miramar
- Memorial Hospital Pembroke
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Murcia accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 5 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 10 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 2 plans
- JMH Health Plan - 4 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Humana - 24 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alvaro M. Murcia practice?
Dr. Alvaro Murcia practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Pembroke Pines, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Miami, FL and Hollywood, FL.
See Pembroke Pines Internists and Pembroke Pines Cardiologists.