A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alvaro Obyrne:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alvaro Obyrne, Ophthalmologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alvaro Obyrne, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Obyrne graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Obyrne has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Women and Children's Hospital Lake Charles
- Christus St Patrick Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Obyrne accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alvaro J. Obyrne practice?
Dr. Alvaro Obyrne practices Ophthalmology near Sulphur, LA.
Additional practice locations include: Lake Charles, LA and Deridder, LA.
See Sulphur Ophthalmologists.