Dr. Alvin Au Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Alvin Au?

September 19th, 2017

horrible

Dr. Alvin Au is the most unprofessional rudest doctor we have ever come across. From the beginning of our experience it was uncomfortable and awkward. First off, he never even introduced himself when he walked into the surgery room. His nurse stated that Dr. Alvin would be doing my procedure and if I had any questions for him. He kept his back turned towards me the whole time and never acknowledged me. He made it quite apparent that he did not want to be bothered with question’s. Once the procedure was over my wife was told that the doctor would come out and explain the findings and all that went on during the surgery. As we waited the doctor never came out to talk to myself nor my wife.The nurse ended up letting us know that he said he will see us in 3 to 4 weeks for follow-up and we can go over the findings at that time. As I mentioned earlier the most unprofessional rudest doctor I have ever come across and I would never recommend anyone to see this Dr. I would hope no one would ever have to be treated that way going into a procedure. You are already feeling high anxiety knowing you must have a procedure done but then to be treated in such a manner is just inhumane.

April 4th, 2016

Only saw him because of a referral

had a procedure done and wound up being admitted to hospital. luckly that was next door/ he diagnosed me with crohns which forced me to be medically retired from military . never had a recurrence and was diagnosed by a new dr and told I had no crohns, cant understand what he says cause of his strong accent.

August 10th, 2015

OMG!

Would NEVER go to this doctor again! I was sent because my liver was enlarged. He told me I had an ulcer. No such thing. Not even the symptoms matched. He asked me about my symptoms. I had made a list. He took the list from me, crumpled it up without looking at it and threw it away. He then stood up and said "I guess you have an ulcer." And walked out! My grandmother had gone to him a few years ago and it was equally as bad. Staff is horrible and very unfriendly. You're treated like cows at the slaughter house. SCARY! Ask for a different doctor. Dr. Reznik isn't much better though!

April 3rd, 2015

surgery

Worst office people I have ever encountered dire pain from gall bladder attacks nine days later still no x rays got infection in feeding tube his nurse Lisa told me to go er got no service no instructions after surgery other than what hospital gave me don't think its doctor it's office staff not doing what they are told to do so Herr I'm in hospital with major infection

February 17th, 2015

If I could give him a zero, I would

I was referred to Dr. Au due to a high liver panel. My primary care doctor had also requested an ultrasound prior to referring me. The first appointment was OK. He ordered an additional set of lab work, which was performed that same day. Several days later, I called his office to get a copy of the lab results, only to be told she couldn't get them from 'that office' and she would mail them 'tomorrow' when she was at the other office. When I did not receive them, I called again, and she assured me she would mail them that day. When I returned for my followup on the lab work, I waited 3 hours, with absolutely no explanation other than 'we're running late'. There was no offer to reschedule, and when I was finally called in, it was a P.A. that saw me. The way she interacted and gave me the results of my blood work made me think she was a brand new P.A. I was not a happy camper. She said they would schedule me for a liver biopsy. However, I WAS able to finally get a copy of my blood work. The next thing I knew, I was getting a call from Kaweah Delta to 'confirm tomorrow's colonoscopy time'. I was finally able to convince them I was not scheduled for a colonoscopy. Then I got a call from Dr. Au's office asking me why I told the hospital that I wasn't schedued for a colonoscopy. The girl I spoke with didn't seem to believe me when I said that Dr. Au did NOT schedule a colonoscopy, he ordered a liver biopsy. I spent about 15 minutes arguing with her. That day, I received another copy of my blood work in the mail.... this was from my original request (the one where she said she would mail it 'tomorrow'). The postmark was a full week AFTER she said she had mailed it. So she had lied to me. By this time, I had lost all confidence, so I decided to go to another doctor. I asked for a copy of my records, and was competely shocked. The doctor's notes were not even CLOSE to what had transpired. It was obviously some other patient's doctor notes. He had written that I had REQUESTED a colonoscopy even though I had had one 2 years ago (wrong - he had asked if I had ever had one, and I told him I had had one 2 years ago). His notes said he gave me educational material and I had watched a video (wrong - no such thing) And he said in his notes that I sometimes took my mother's pills (wrong - my mother is dead, and when she was alive, she lived 4 hours away from me). My advice is to run as fast as you can if you are referred to him. Who knows, maybe all of these things were due to a really bad staff. But I can just see someone that is not as attentive as I am going ahead and having a colonoscopy that they don't need. BTW - they never did schedule me for the liver biopsy.

August 18th, 2017