Psychiatrists

8160 N Hayden Rd
Ste J112
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
480-905-8755
Locations and availability (3)

1.5

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
 |  A No Heart, No Soul, No Ethics "doctor."  |  show details
by Nancy D. on Feb 21st, 2014

I don't know you and you don't know me, however, my husband was a "Patient" of Dr. Alvin Burstein and was managed by his assistant, Martha Hernandez, for 8.5 agonizing years. My husband had a brain tumor removed in Oct. 2005. Dr. Burstein was "recommended" and my husband's decent into insanity began. Dr. Burstein, will purposely miss diagnosis you, give you a bunch of mind altering drugs and persuade you to sign off on taking dangerous "trial" drugs. Both Alvin and Martha will keep you ill and you will definitely become even more ill for years and decades or until your life is in total shambles. ALL the above occurs under Dr. Burstein and Martha Hernandez's patient care. You, the patient and your loved ones will suffer an intense degree of pain and anguish while Dr. Burstein and Martha Hernandez irresponsible medically play with your mind and life and excessively bill your Health Insurance Company for MANY, MANY years. Are you getting the picture? I could not begin to tell you the horrific experiences that my husband and I have suffered from the "CARE" of my husband under Dr. Burstein and Martha Hernandez. In short, if you turn your mind or that of a loved one over to this practice, expect these 3 experiences to play out in your life; 1. Increased mental illness in your loved one, resulting in time spent in a Behavioral Hospital and/or 2. Go to Jail and/or 3. Death, The Patient's, Yours or Others. Dr. Burstien and Martha Hernandez are the kind of Psychiatric care givers who contribute to our countries rise in Domestic Violence and random shootings on innocent men, woman and children. In conclusion, my husband, by the Grace of GOD, recently was re-diagnosed and put on a medication which the doctors said he should have been on 8.5 years ago. He is doing very well.

|  Tremendous Disappointment  |  show details
by E.D. on Jun 20th, 2013

am tremendously disappointed in Dr. Burstein as a mental health professional. I began treatment largely in part due to needing assistance coping with my father's battle with cancer. Much to my shock and dismay, when I was forced to cancel an appointment with Dr. Burstein 4 hours prior to my appointment time, DUE TO MY FATHER PASSING AWAY, he would NOT WAIVE THE CANCELLATION FEE. I was forced to pay not just my co-pay, but TWICE my copay amount for the last minute cancellation. I completely understand policies such as this to avoid negligence, but there should be exceptions to rules and regulations for extreme circumstances. Shame on you, Dr. Burstein!!

|  This guy is a chemist  |  show details
by NIH Specialist on May 3rd, 2013

This doctor is extremely impersonable. He charges $600/hr and showed us the door when we mentioned missing some medication and noticing positive signs. He said I believe in blood levels and science. What a joke. he had not checked blood levels for 6 months. Do yourself a favor and find a doctor that cares.

|  Four years with missed diagnosis  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2010

I began seeing Dr. Burstein in 2006 for bipolar depression and informed him of a family history of thyroid problems. He continued treating me with lithium (known to affect the thyroid gland). I had periodic blood tests for lithium and thyroid levels, but he ignored my reporting of low thyroid symptoms because he thought the blood tests were OK. My primary care physician finally recognized that the blood tests in fact showed low thyroid and prescribed thyroid supplements. My condition has improved more in the last few months on thyroid than on the thousands of dollars in drugs he prescribed. He formed an opinion of my condition the first time we met and ignored what I told him after that if it disagreed with his ideas. I've suffered through 4 years of depression and many expensive drugs when a cheap thyroid supplement would have helped my condition and allowed my other drugs to work more effectively.