Dr. Alvin Eden MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Forest Hills, NY

• Good
  • Bad

September 11th, 2013
Doctor was not patient and didn't spend enough time with me/my child. His partner Dr. Yee is the better doctor to see.

September 22nd, 2011
Does not have the time
I was recommended to this doctor by my neighbor whose opinion I highly respect. My 11 year old son was starting school and we needed an appointment for a physical and to fill out a quick form required by his school. Upon entrance we were greeted by a young receptionist who did not know much of anything. From what my co-pay was to what copies of paperwork she needed to retain for my son's records. Dr.Eden had no bed side manner. His attitude toward my son was dismissive and plain old grumpy. He walked into the exam room and said "Take your clothes off!" as if he were in prison. The receptionist saw this from outside and had to close the door. All the doctor kept referring to was my son being overweight "not obese" as the dr. said. I explained it may be a side effect of the many medications my son takes for ADHD. I began to tell him about the medications and that I wanted to get blood work done to make sure his regulatory systems were in order being that he has gained the weight in the last year. He again did not care. I am not exaggerating when I say he did not want to do more than take his blood pressure, his weight and look down his throat. He did not listen to my concerns nor did he want to fill out the form "I don't have time for this form." he said and he was rushing us out. I told him the importance of the form and he relented and took us to his back office. He fired questions at us as if he were under interrogation to gain some sort of picture as to the state of my son's health. When I again approached the subject of wanting blood work done he was dismissive and stated it was unnecessary. This doctor has many fans and is admired for his books on pediatrics so I don't understand why he was the polar opposite of what we expected. Maybe his notoriety has made him so busy he doesn't need or has time for new patients. Our family will never return to his office. On a positive note the ONLY positive note we did not wait more than a couple of minutes before being seen.

October 13th, 2010
Dr.Eden Is my favourite doctor!
I know Dr.Eden for almous 18 years.I have two boys.And i do believe this was the best choice for me and my children.The doctor vizit was alwayes a great pleasure,you can call any time and the doctor wil call you back,the secretary will make all effort to make the appointment as soon as possible,for your convenience.the entire staff iz ery professional,reliable and pleasant to deal with.I am really thankfull to them for everything they did for me helping to rase my boys healthy az they are now.

February 22nd, 2017