A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alvin Friedman-Kien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alvin Friedman-Kien is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alvin Friedman-Kien, MD is board certified in Dermatology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- AIDS-Related Complex
- AIDSHIV Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
- Aids Associated Dermatology
- Genital Herpes Herpes Genitalis
- Genital Warts
- Infectious Skin Diseases
- Kaposi Sarcoma
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Friedman-Kien graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Friedman-Kien has 7 hospital affiliations:
- NYU Hospitals Center
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Friedman-Kien accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 30 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 14 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alvin E. Friedman-Kien practice?
Dr. Alvin Friedman-Kien practices Dermatology near New York, NY.
See New York Dermatologists.