Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Video profile
6130 W Parker Rd
Plano, TX 75093
972-608-8889
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  he's the best  |  show details
by R Kaur on Jan 24th, 2014

PROS: I highly recommend him…he delivered my first child and it went great. I never had to wait much to see him. I delivered at presbyterian plano (very nice place for delivery).

|  My first Pregnancy  |  show details
by Ashley B. on Aug 6th, 2013

I visited with a few dr's before making my decision so Dr Gebert was not my first and only dr but he was by far the best. This was my first pregnancy and there is an expectation that comes with that and he exceeded that. From the first visit I knew that he knew exactly what he was doing and that I would be in good hands. He is a straight to the point person, no beating around the bush so if you want someone that will blab and blab about nothing then not it. But if you want a dr who will take care of you and his presence alone makes you feel secure then you are looking the right way. After pushing for half an hour Dr Gebert saw that he had pooped inside me and new exactly when my son needed to come out, and he made that happen. My mother saw my son come out and the cord was wrapped all around him and his neck and she said that she had never seen a dr move his hands that fast. Our son is now a 1 year old healthy boy and I will go to Dr Alvin Gebert for every child I have. Also on a side note our pediatrician commented on how well he was circumsized by Dr Gebert which I think is very important as well. He does it the old fashioned way that takes skill and he deserves credit for that too.

|  Great doctor and staff  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2013

He has helped us through our last high risk pregnancy w/ toxemia, and now is going to be our doctor for this baby as well. Hard to find a good doctor to trust with the life of your unborn. We made an excellent choice and will keep him for all future family pregnancies! :)

Apr 14th, 2012

Dr. Gebert is excellent and his staffs are great. Just sometimes, the waiting time is too long (longer than 45 minutes).

|  AMAZING DOCTOR IS ALL I CAN SAY!  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2011

Dr Gebert is an excellent Doctor, I wish i had him with my first baby, his nurses are extraordinary too! He took time to discuss all my options with me, and is very knowledgable, the c section went extremely well, i thank God for this, and that he used Dr Gebert!i recovered well, and fast! i would highly recommend him aftter what i went through with my first doc, i cannot even compare! thank you dr Gebert for being the best in the metroplex :-)I would want one more baby, and i will go right back to him for the OB care!

|  Wonderful and Caring Doctor  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2011

I switched to Dr. Gebert because of insurance issues I was having with another doctor and he was wonderful! I was pregnant at the time and he has a really sincere bedside manner and caring professional attitude. His nurse has worked with him for over 20 years and she is wonderful too! This is a great practice!

|  PHENOMENAL  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2011

In my vocabulary, "phenomenal" is the best word to describe Dr Gebert. I was impressed with him during my high risk pregnancy but since he delivered my baby and is still taking care of me through my postpartum complications, all I can say is wow! To say that Dr Gebert is extremely knowledgeable, patient and caring, shows a true concern for the safety of his patients and their babies, is but a euphemism! Dr Gebert is by far THE best Obgyn I have ever been to. He gladly accepted the challenge of overseeing my very complicated pregnancy when my gynae of 3 years backed out at the start of my 2nd tri. As my pregnancy progressed, because of my already flawed health, my list of complications continued to escalate. Dr Gebert continued to keep me informed at the start and at the end of each day of any changes in my condition and that of my unborn baby's. He even went beyond and above the extra mile by working every single day of my hospital bedrest (including weekends and his days off) to make sure that he would be there should anything unforeseen happen. He continued to deliver my baby and keep a watchful eye on my postpartum progress. If you are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable high risk specialist who cares about your and your baby's health, I would recommend no other but Doctor Gebert. I have not met anyone more qualified for this job. Dr Gebert is a true Godsend - you can trust him with your life and your baby's to make the best decisions that will only but benefit you. His staff - Rhonda, Patty & Missy are so warm and welcoming and are such an extension of Dr Gebert's character from your first appointment with him - from the minute you walk into his office, you feel like part of the family instead of just another patient. My wait time at Doctor Gebert's office has always been under 5 minutes and he and his staff are always so willing to accomodate their patients - allowing scheduling changes within minutes of my appointments, sorting out any issues you may have with your insurance, your maternity leave, to name but a few examples. Sad to say that I will probably not have another baby, but if by some miracle that changes, then no matter where in the world I am, I will hunt Doctor Gebert down to take care of my pregnancy and delivery, even if he is retired - I don't think any other doctor is as capable of doing as awesome a job as Doctor Gebert! I highly recommend him to you if you are pregnant or planning and are searching for only THE BEST CARE for you and your baby, whether your pregnancy is healthy or high risk.

|  DR. AND OFFICE STAFF  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. GEBERT. HE IS A EXCELLENT DR. AND HIS OFFICE STAFF IS VERY FRIENDLY AND CONCIDERATE TO YOUR NEEDS AND CONCERNS ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP YOU. I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND ANYONE TO SEE DR. GEBERT.

Jan 17th, 2011

Dr. Gebert is a very good doctor. He is very professional and thorough. He takes his time with you and answered all of my questions.

Oct 26th, 2010

He's a great doc. He's seen my both my pregnancies, and is very understanding. He will listen/attend to your questions, even when you forget them in office and call about them later. He'll even help you with other concerns and direct you in the right direction. His staff is wonderful!! Always a smile when I walk in and very personable. I have recommended him to people before and continue to do so if I hear of someone who needs an new OB

Jun 29th, 2009

Dr. Gebert is a great doctor!! He saw me through endo, cancer (which my dr before missed), two not easy pregnancies and recently a hysterectomy. He was great through all of it and is always up on the latest procedures and studies.