Dr. Alvin Lin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alvin Lin?

Satisfied Patient

Posted on June 27th, 2011

In the past, when I was hunting for a family physician, I was looking for someone that was competent, knowledgeable, patient-focused, and who listens to my concerns and issues, then helps me to effectively address the issues. I dont want to just treat the symptoms, I want to address the cause and correct my problems at their roots.I was fortunate to find someone 30 years ago at Kaiser that was that type of physician. However, I found over time that Kaiser was focused in keeping people from falling off the cliff so to speak. They addressed health problems from the perspective of keeping patients just well enough so they can get by in their activities. If normal was from 20% to 80% on a Bell curve, then if you were at the low 20% mark, they were done.I have always wanted to function at my peak, so to speak, mentally and physically and on my retirement sought out an organization that addressed my interests in health care and age management. That path took me to Cenegenics and Dr Alvin Lin. Dr Lin is much more than your typical focused physician, and Cenegenics is very good in their focus on Age and Health Management. Dr Lin has a passion for staying informed and has the ability to effectively communicate with his patients. Many physicians are bored with discovery and dispense advice accordingly. Dr Lin carefully integrates your quality of life, the quality of your health, how you feel, how you respond to medications, and how that all correlates to your blood work and lab results in an active and responsive manner to meet your personal needs. During my three years with him as my Cenegenics physician, I found him to be focused and interested in my health and progress. We worked together to maximize the benefits of exercise, nutrition, supplements, and prescribed medications. I began with a shoulder injury, osteopenia, fatigue, and high BMI. I learned about andropause and found that I had very low testosterone and thyroid levels (still in the normal range for my age). I left with improved shoulder function, normal bone density, 17% body fat, increased muscle mass, improved metabolism, and a determination to continue my improvement far in to my senior years. I especially appreciated Dr Lin keeping me up-to-date on the latest research on issues that affected me.I am very pleased to see him successful in private practice and give him my highest recommendation to all that are looking for a competent and caring physician.

Satisfied Patient

Posted on June 26th, 2011

The Best Age Management Doctor I have ever met

Posted on February 24th, 2011

I took a mini residency in Age Management Medicine. Dr. Lin was my teacher. He was excellent. Thoroughly familiar with the literature. Practical nuts and bolts advice. He sets the standard for excellence that all docs should strive for. I am honored to say that I was able to learn from him.

Posted on August 17th, 2017