Surgeons
2630 Holme Ave
Ste 200
Philadelphia, PA 19152
215-335-9751
Locations and availability (8)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Hip replacement due to trauma  |  show details
by Leanne Karbach on Oct 23rd, 2013

Dr. Alvin Ong is the most personable doctor I have ever met. He was always so positive when it came to the outcome of my surgeries. No matter how hard it was to hear or to swallow, the truth was always told, there was no sugar coating anything when it came to Dr. Ong. He knew I was a strong willed individual and I could handle anything thrown my way. Only being 23 at the time of my injuries, I know I will need many hip replacements and no matter the price I wont go to any other doctor. He talked to me like I was his own child and spoke to my parents about what he would have done in their situation. I haven the up most respect for him, his PA Paul, everyone associated with Rothman Institute and associated with both Atlantic Care Regional Medical Hospitals Pomona and Atlantic City. Although I will never be "normal" again, Im as close as ill get and Dr. Ong helped me by giving me the gift to walk again. So to you Dr. Ong and huge thank you! And of course to you a huge thank you as well Paul!!

Sep 23rd, 2013

I have had one hip replacement and 1 knee replacement done by Dr Ong. there is no one else that would operate on me for these types of procedures he has always been responsive and taken time to talk with me office wait time is really bad but that does not have to do with Dr Ong, that is a scheduling issue with the office

|  Best in South Jersey!!!  |  show details
by Kathleen on May 16th, 2013

Dr. Ong performed a total hip replacement for me a few years ago. No matter where I go and who I speak to, they always know someone that Dr. Ong has treated and has high words of praise for him. They say "he's the best" and I totally agree. He's kind, compassionate to your pain & is very honest & explains everything carefully. He made the experience much less stressful and I would totally be 100% confident in recommending him.

|  to quick to operate  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2012

Had a replacement of my knee and a revision 9 mo latter and then was told that it was my fault that it did not heal properly , knee hurts constantly , and is unstable , with loud noises like someone is hitting it with a hammer , they are like dominos pizza , just not that great

Dec 11th, 2011

Dr. Ong has replaced both of my knees. He is an excellent knee and hip surgeon and I would trust my care to no other orthopedic surgeon. He always knows what he is doing and does an exceptional job. I can now walk normally and without pain because of Dr. Ong.He is the best, without exception !!

|  D r  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2011

Dr. Ong operated on me 3 times, 2 knees and a hip. He is a brilliant physician and there is no one else I would trust!

Nov 16th, 2010

The only bad thing when seeing Dr. Ong is the wait. I guess that's because he is so popular. He operated on my hip and took away my pain. I have Cerebral Palsy and thought I was going to have to live with the pain. But because of Dr.Ong I have a lot less pain.

|  BEST  |  show details
by Bernie Domonoski on Jul 21st, 2009

I wouldn't trust anyone else

|  Yes but he can cut it  |  show details
May 12th, 2009

a hip replacement

|  very obnoxious  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2008

Dr. Alvin Ong was extremely obnoxious when I called him at 5 A.M. because of being in extreme pain