Dr. Alvin Powell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 3 reviews

November 20th, 2013
compassionate care
Being diagnosed with kidney disease is a big deal. Dr. Powell took his time to explain my disease and options for treatment. He was very caring and gave me hope. I dreaded the possibility of dialysis treatments but now I understand that they are saving my life and if I stay healthy I can get evaluated for a kidney transplant. Dr. Powell is guiding me on how to be a good candidate for a new kidney. Thank you Dr. Powell!

November 20th, 2010
Great compassion and care
I had a chance to go to Wake Forest. My husband thought we should but I was happy with Dr. Powell's advice. I have a serious illness and Dr. Powell quickly diagnosed and began aggressive treatments. I am better and appreciate his kind care.

May 28th, 2010
Dr. Powell refused to transfer a patient to another doctor in the same practice due to his ego. The patient had not seen him in 5 years and quit seeing him due to inadequate care information and lack of experience, and education. When returning to this practice after 5 years another doctor was requested and Dr. Powell threw a fit so no other doctor in the practice would take the patient. It is the patient's choice to see whom they feel the most comfortable with and feel they can communicate the best with. I do not recommend this doctor at all.