Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alvin Schergen
Dr. Alvin Schergen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Schergen is affiliated with SSM St. Marys Hospital - St. Louis, SSM Select Rehabilitation Hospital and St Anthonys Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Alvin Schergen has the following 3 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists...
Dr. Alvin Schergen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.
Dr. Lee Hanson
Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine
Saint Louis, MO 0.01 mi15
Dr. Giao Vuong
Internal Medicine, Residency
Saint Louis, MO 0.01 mi8
Dr. Jyotsana Sinha
Saint Louis, MO 0.01 mi7