Dr. Alvin Zelickson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alvin Zelickson?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Alvin Zelickson?

5 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 5 Ratings with 1 Comment

November 9th, 2013

I'm very frustrated & disappointed! Also, Dr. not retired as of Nov, 2013

Dr. Al Zelickson really frustrated and disappointed me! Before I could finish explaining my concerns he whipped out his prescription pad and wrote me two prescriptions and told me that this would take care of everything. He didn't explain the cause of the problem or the reason he thought that medication would help nor did he listen to my prior medical history. I imagine that the other doctors at the practice (Skin Specialists) have their own personalities but this experience definitely turned me off and I won't return. I would like to keep Dr. Zelickson's age out of the equation, but at 83, I have to say that it contributed to his level of care. Interestingly, however, the patient before me was an older gentleman, probably in his late 70s, and seemed to get along well with the doctor. It appeared that they both wanted to get in and out as fast as possible. Without hesitation, Dr. Zelickson instructed us both to return in 2 weeks for a follow up as if to ensure another opportunity to bill my insurance for a 5 minute checkup. (Granted, its probably important to follow up in some situations, but the way he suggested it felt routine and unnecessary.)

September 22nd, 2015