Overall Review

2.9

September 23rd, 2015
Love Dr Thal!
I have been a patient of Dr Thals for about 14 years and I hope she never retires! Yes, in the pre-MDVIP days, there was often a wait to see her but I always had a good book and she has comfortable couches so I was fine. I knew she would take good care of me and spend the appropriate amount of time when it was my turn. Now that she isamember of MDVIP, the wait is minimal, in fact, most of the time you don't even get to sit down on those comfortable couches! She is the only doctor that I have been to that really listens, cares and puts my overall healthcare story "together". I have had some problems of late and she gets me to the right specialist every time and makes the effort to follow through. Love her and her staff...the greatest!

September 8th, 2014
mdvip
Dr thal is the first doctor that I believe actually took the time to know me and how they related to keeping me healthy...her new MDVIP practice means I am one of a limited number of patients, almost never wait and have 24/7 access to her.

August 19th, 2014
Best Dr in NM
I have been a patient of Dr. Thal's for over 15 years. I knew when making my appt that it would be a long wait BUT I also knew that the attention/care she was giving her other patients would be given to me so I brought a book and was happy to wait. Due to the healtcare and government changes Dr Thal has moved to a practice with MDVIP - a company that has over 650 Dr's all across the US. There is a fee to belong to MDVIP and have Dr Thal as your Dr but it is well worth it. Now instead of waiting a long time you get to see the Dr for same day appointments. Wait time is short but she still spends at least 30 minutes with each patient. She has an office staff that is settled and they do everything they can to help you in whatever you need. I recommend Dr Thal to everyone, especially now with most other Dr's you have to wait weeks or months to get an appt.

July 8th, 2014
Dr. Thal
I have been a patient of Dr. Alyson Thal's for 10+ years. She by far is the most caring and compassionate physician I have ever met. This doctor takes so much joy in helping others and that is why she became a physician in the first place. It is very clear that some doctors take advantage of their patients; however, Dr. Thal is not one of them. I appreciate everything she has done for my family and I.

October 10th, 2013
never diagnoised me right
I am a former patient of Dr Alyson P Thal MD I went to her for many years during my time as her patient I use to wait a minimum of 2 hours to be seen. And when I did see her we would discuss my weight, high blood pressure and my post diabetes. Well the problem here is I had these problems and she never really found out why. She always addressed me having blood pressure and diabetes because of my weight. I would always tell her I exercised watched what I ate and didn't know what was going on. I complained of weight gain and swollen legs. When she decided to go to go to this new mvd program I decided it was time to find new doctor. When I did find new doctor informed this new doctor of my weight gain, swollen legs, blood pressure and post diabetes and she told me hasn't your old doctor told you that you look like you are retaining water. hmmmm would have thought Dr Thal would catch that anyways to make a short story I was diagnosed from my new doctor in a week that I had a tumor on my pituartory gland. Doctors think it has been there for years. That was casing me the weight gain, blood pressure and every other thing I was complaining about for years. I have lost weight blood pressure normal sugar normal. I am normal again.....Story is Dr Thal should have noticed my condition but she was always in a hurry I put my trust in her and she failed me.. I could have died so thanks to God I found a new doctor.

August 3rd, 2013
Since Dr. Thal has become affiliated with MDVIP, she has been more able to make timely appointments and spends more time with each patient. Alyson's greatest skill is looking at the patient's whole picture and making a diagnosis.

August 1st, 2013
Great Doctor
Dr. Thal is a great doctor but above that, she's a great friend. She has been there for my family and I for over 10 years. She is very intelligent and puts her patients needs first.

May 21st, 2012
Good Care but Long Wait
I have been a patient of Dr. Thal's for about a decade. I wouldn't still be seeing her if I didn't think she was a good doctor. Yes, the wait times get long. I'm usually there for annual checkups. If she's got a critically ill patients, as has been the case, I can wait. When I get in to see her, I get the care I need. I just bring a book.

January 14th, 2012
RIDICULOUS!!
I've had an appointment with this doctor but had to wait for more than an hr to actually be seen! Walk-ins were called in first before those who had an actual appointment and I was told that they were more important than appointments! If that was the case, I should have walked-in and get called in as soon as I got into the office. I was quite upset and of course my blood pressure skyrocketed. I asked the doctor why the wait-time took so long and she rudely remarked that I should see another doctor since I do not have to wait so long. I also came in to discuss about some problems that have developed just the night before, but she rudely told me that she doesn't have time to discuss that matter to me. Such horrible bedside manners, and what kind of doctor is she anyway to talk to her patients like that?! Will definitely see another doctor. I think she should retire..it's best for everyone. If the wait time was this long, why in the world would she have appointments every 15 minutes? She should reconsider how she approaches her patients, her staff, and managing her schedule. Very rude! Go elsewhere!

September 1st, 2011
Dr Thal is a unique physician. She was very up front with me about her 'time management' and insisted that she will spend however long it takes with you that is required. Saying that, she also said that she gives equal time to her other patients How many times has a doctor taken your hands in hers and said "I want to grow old with you"? I figure that the time it takes to get in to see her is well worth it. I have never had a more genuine experience with a primary physician and I look forward to growing old with her.

July 19th, 2011
Very unproffesional, unfocused, preoccupied, horrible diagnostic ability, does not listen but talks and talks about herself, other people, your need for religion, did I mention appears unethical?

July 19th, 2011
Horrible person
This doctor doesn't have any people skills, and she treats her employees like crap. She yells to them in front of patients and she is very rude and unprofessional. The wait is way too long and if she doesn't see you at least twice a year, you will be deactivated and won't get any prescription refills. Her concept is good, but she's not able to make it work. Every doctors office is better than this one. I'm definitely going to find another primary care physician.