Dr. Amal Salama Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amal Salama?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 4th, 2014

Excellent doctor

Dr Salama is an excellent obgyn. I am also received warmly, with less than a ten minute wait time. Her staff is prompt, courteous, and warm. Dr Salama listens intently to what you're saying and give clear concise feedback. She had always been willing to work with me to resolve gynecological issues. She also is excellent at working with other doctors to resolve issues. I highly respect and recommend Dr Salama.

May 27th, 2013

If you go to anyone else, you're wasting your time!

I'm a type 1 diabetic. I had a lot of problems with my first team of doctors while I was pregnant. I knew I did not want a c-section and they kept talking about me having one. After my OBGYN's nurse disregarded my concerns over my gall bladder acting up (I had gall bladder disease while pregnant and was holding out to have surgery until after my baby was born), I had had enough! SO that day I called Dr. Salama's office and talked to her nurse. I came up and talked to her nurse, because Dr. Salama was on maternity leave, to see if we were on the same page and had the same expectations. Best OBGYN I have ever had! I was never treated as though I was stupid. Every concern was her and her nurse's concern and even their scheduler was amazing! At Avera they have a laborist for the day in Labor & Deliver. Even though Dr. Salama wasn't the laborist that day, she came over from the clinic (across the street) to see how I was doing while I was being induced and she made sure I had a doctor I was comfortable with delivering. Because of the excellent care I received during my pregnancy from Dr. Salama and the team of doctor she had for me, my little girl DID NOT have to go to the NICU for monitoring. If I was ever pregnant again or needed OBGYN care and I was in the Sioux Falls area...hands down I would go to Dr. Salama. She tries to take a least invasive approach unless it's necessary and she stays by your side 100%. She even assisted on my mom's hysterectomy...she's just awesome! Also for those ladies interested, she does do VBAC. I had asked her for a friend.

July 17th, 2016