inactive

Amanda P Barker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

November 6th, 2016
Pain management a farce
This Kaiser pain management program which includes this Dr.Barker as well as others is a joke. They diagnosed me without even looking at my MRI scan, and declined when I asked if she liked to read my results. I saw three Drs. In this program and not one was interested in reading previous MRI results of my c-spine. Yet wanted to change my Meds around when I was fine on the ones I had been on for the previous 5 years. It was expensive and time consuming and I felt like they really didn't give a crap about my issues. I feel like not one of them cared about what I had to say they were more interested in changing my stuff around so they could say they did something.the corona pain management was a load of crap. I w as very disappointed. If you don't do what they want you don't get your meds. And chances are even if you do you still aren't going to get your meds.

September 6th, 2016
I think Kaiser should evaluate this Dr. You are going to continue to review bad ratings on her ,and her program. I would suggest that her psychologist Dr. Thorsten to get her own practice. She is the only one that has it together and will benefit anyone she meets. That is all . I have a lot to say. I will not publish all over the place because it's not good😑.

March 3rd, 2016
Top-notch Physiatrist
Dr. Barker showed genuine concern and diligence with a neck pain issue I experienced that ended up being due to a cervical disk herniation. She was proactive in managing my case including generating the necessary referrals for diagnostic tests as well as other specialists to get to the root issue of my problem. She was responsive to Emails and phone calls and took extra time to talk to me on the phone to discuss issues. By far, she is the best doctor I have encountered at Kaiser. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anybody experiencing any pain issues.

December 27th, 2015
She caused me to have terrible symptoms, that I had not experienced since 2000, and did nothing to try to help what Kaiser Corona pain program caused. The 1st program at Kaiser Riverside a decade ago were great, and taught me about my condition.
This appears to be a group of novices, who ask about things they should know the answers to. The condition of my spinal column still exists, and has not, and can not be fixed. Why on earth would they assume the pain symptoms would end? They treat a pain level of 1, the same as 9, or 10. They give talks on how to make Kaiser staff happy, and forget about common decency their selves. They spend valuable tim acting like school girls over an Australian who makes his living with the new pain management. They ignore the Chronic Opioid Therapy Safety Guideline for Patients with Chronic Non-Cancer Pain. Please, have a copy for yourself, and know it like the back of your hand. Also, when they take you from being stabilized for over a decade, and mess up your life, and those dependent on you, when you can't go to your job for two weeks, they will use missed appointments as a way to get rid of you.