Dr. Amanda Dove MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatric Pulmonology San Antonio, TX

3.3

November 3rd, 2015
# Grandma!
Dr Dove is an outstanding doctor. My 1 year old grandson was very very sick with asthma and had to be in hospital over 30 days during various parts of winter of 2014 / 2015. Dr Dove was very attentive to my grandson and was NO NONSENSE when it came to getting him better. All nurses on the floor respect her as well. You will wait a long time at the doctor office but that is only because she never rushes her patients.

August 26th, 2015
THIS DOCTOR IS WONDERFUL WE SPENT 17 YEARS WITH HER SHE GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR HER PATIENTS I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE WITH OUT HER . CAN NOT THANK HER ENOUGH FOR ALL THE YEARS SHE IS AWESOME

May 11th, 2015
Avoid this doctor!
Doctor was very rude and aggressive. Did not let me explain; kept interrupting. Will definitely not return.

November 18th, 2014
Wonderful Doctor.
I agree with the post regarding Dr. Dove holding the parent responsible. She is not a doctor who will look the other way, sign an excuse slip and send you on your way. I took my daughter to her on my own. I waited 6 months for the appointment when her pediatrician at the time advised me I was wasting my time with a specialist. At that time, my daughter was sick all the time. Today my daughter plays sports, shops, has a typical life of a teenager. Dr. Dove knows which meds work and when to change them. I am forever thankful to her for helping my daughter regain a life again. I agree with what seems to be an increase in government insurance patients, which has made the wait long sometimes. I trust Dr. Dove and although she can be moody, I am there for the best interest of my daughter, not to have someone hold my hand then send me on my way...

June 19th, 2014
It is what it is...
Personally I think Dr. Dove is amazing. She has gotten my daughters asthma completely under control. Understand this, she is not the doctor that is going to dance around your child's illness. If you're not following the action plan that is provided to you verbally and in writing (in a DOUBLE sided form given to you upon your first appointment), she will tell you about it. As far as a wait time I don't know of any specialist office where you can be seen in 30 minutes or less. Dr. Dove is pretty much the ONLY doctor in the city that accepts Medicaid, so we can all guess that her patient list is LONG... seeing as how everybody has a state funded insurance now a days. On top of that if your child is sick she will spend extra time with your child to make sure that the patient is okay before he or she leaves the office or stable enough to be admitted into the hospital. I have sat and watched parents get nasty with the staff for completely unnecessary reasons. They are human (just like you), you cannot expect to verbally abuse someone and not ruffle feathers. Most of the patients that come to the office are more concerned with whats going on with their phones vs. the actual treatment of their children. The office is SMALL literally run by the doctor and two other staff members. They are kind and they do what they can to attend and care for the large amount of patients that need their services. If you require a Physician that won't hold you accountable for the health and the HOME up keep of maintaining your child's disease then this doctor is not for you. Maybe it would please some of you to have a provider that didn't care... or maybe it displeases you or embarrasses you that someone seems to care more than you do as the parent. I don't know, but as far as for me and my family Dr. Dove is a perfect fit in what we needed, and my child has not been healthier.

May 18th, 2014
Dr. Dove was rrecommend to us by our pcp. First visit was 4 hours long. She was rude. Staff is rude . For being a pediatric doctor she not a delightful person. Getting an appointment can take up to moths. Long wait hours. The only thing she did right was get my child's asthma under control. Would not recommended her anyone.

February 12th, 2014
first and last
My frist time and my last time RUDE RUDE RUDE I'm not from san Antonio nor familiar with the area I got lost and called for direction the receptionist was frustrated with me over the fone and keep making frustrated noise by the time I got there I couldn't understand the lady and stared down on me waited for the longest time after I went in the lady took her vital then had me waiting almost an hour in a room when the doctor decided to come in she spoke with me for 10 min the walked out and I waited for another 45 min and kept walking in and out not worth my 2:30 drive I get back to my hometown to pick them up and the still haven't send them well no my school need an required aproved letter so I called to see if it can be fax but the nurse said"dr dove does not like to sign any forms that y she said you with an action plan you can send the paper but she won't read it" actual words wow I was impressed with this kind of attitude from both staff and doctor

October 7th, 2013
Straight and to the point.
Our Visit with Dr. Dove was very plesant. She was straight and to the point, took the time to go over the xrays with me to show me the areas of concern for my daughter. She knows her stuff. Since my visit with her my daughter has improved almost over night. We haven't had a single issue with her asthma, and in the even that we do she provided and take home action plan so we would know exactly what to do. Her staff is Very Plesant and Professional. The children's care comes first in this office so if you are looking for a Dr. thats going to sugar coat your childs condition then this may not be the Dr for you. i got exactly what i needed straight and direct information that is allowing me to care for my child in the BEST way possible. THANK YOU Dr. DOVE

August 3rd, 2012
Update-A life saver
My child has been seeing Dr. Dove since 2010. It was rough at first, I was not prepared for Dr. Dove's strong demeanor. However since my child has been seeing Dr. Dove, my child has a life outside again. I can't thank Dr. Dove enough for not only saving my child's life, but improving her quality of life. This doctor is worth the wait, and no one else comes to mind regarding the standard of care Dr. Dove gives.

July 27th, 2012
sick child lucky to have
My son spent his first year in and out of the hospital and the fact that Dr dove was his doctor my son was never over looked or was pushed to the side I overheard her go off on nurses for not following her directions our falling behind in that sense I love that but when it comes to her office visit I dred the wait that at times has been 2hrs just for 15min and and handful prescription that I question now because my son is 2yrs old and I stopped all the meds and just give him a rescue when he might need it he great

July 16th, 2012
Do we really have an set appointment?
We have an appointment at 10:30 and we wait a good hour and fifteen min. Til we see the doctor. Common courtesy would be to apologize for the wait and acknowledge the patients for the wait. Bottom line is.....I don't mind waiting but gives us an updated every once in awhile.

February 6th, 2012
FED UP !!!
My daughter of been with Dr. Dove 5 miserable years. The last 3 1/2 years have been a horrible to say the least. Bring your lunch and pillow with you beacause you will waiting for hours. Taking a whole day from work is a must if you decide to choose Dr. Dove. If you care about your childs asthma and want a professional caring doctor that educates you on asthma, don't go with Dr. Amanda Dove.Do your research and save your hard earn dollars, don't go!. If you have private insurance Run !. I'm fed up.