Dr. Amanda Kalan MD Patient Reviews

1.8

October 20th, 2015
DON'T USE THIS DOCTOR. "Just get the baby out, why not."
I would not recommend this doctor to ANYONE. I was induced and ended up in a C-section because she insisted something was wrong with my perfectly healthy baby. She said the baby was too small, when she wasn't. She tried to tell me I had pre-eclampsia, and didn't want to let me leave her office until I took a urine test - where she saw I didn't. She told me I should go to Labor & Delivery that night and just get the baby out "since I was full term anyway" and she had C sections, so it was no big deal. Because of her lack of empathy, her mis diagnosis, and her inability to basically find anything wrong with me, I was forced to have an induction because my Midwife could not go against what the ultra sound doctor said. I will remember and resent her forever, and her cold hearted remarks that sent me into 4 days of induction processes ending in a C section. DO NOT SEE THIS WOMAN. I had a perfect healthy baby, and only hope next time I will have a VBAC and never see this woman again.

October 9th, 2014
Poor bedside manner. Lacks compassion and doesn't seem knowledgeable

May 26th, 2011
Dr. Kalan has a poor bedside manner and no compassion for women going through miscarraige. She is admitedly lacking in the skills to perform procedures that are necessary in her profession. I ran from her office never to return after one visit and found a reputable physician to perfom the procedure I needed. Dr. Kalan never bothered to follow up with me to see what had happened or to see if I was alright.

February 21st, 2011
Cannot trust
I have seen Dr. Kalan 3 times now, and third time will be my last. She inaccurately diagnosed me with having a terrible condition, and then when she realized she was wrong she just acted like she never diagnosed me with it in the first place. She pretended to know about my blood type when she never once took my blood. She blamed her mistake of scheduling me too early on a midwife. Though she acts thorough (re-checks all the work the ultrasound tech already did -- that's twice as many vaginal probes than needed), however, she doesn't remember anything about you or what she saw just one visit ago. She is also never on time because she's always rechecking everyone's work. She also talks about miscarriages in an unsympathetic way.