Dr. Amanda Slater MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 28th, 2015
Dr. Slater is very attentive to her patients and takes time to chat about their lives so they feel comfortable while being examined. She never talks down to patients, always willing to explain things without being patronizing. She really makes eye contact when listening.

April 14th, 2014
Yes I would see Dr slater & would recommend her to anybody who would want a respectful,correct diagnosis without being judgmental about your medical condition .she also has supported me without compromising her medical do's and don'ts for many years.

July 31st, 2013
A Thankful Patient
I have been a patient of Dr. Slater for over ten years, and I have to say she saved my life. I was diagnosed with diabetes when I was 12yrs. old and except for the first couple of years with the disease I bounced from place to place and doctor to doctor. No one would listen to my fears about shots or that it was nearly impossible for me to afford my medication. Or that I was trying my hardest to get a handle on my fears and my disease. On a humble one day I ended up going to Unity Health Care Upper Cardoza Clinic for a re-occurring sinus infection and I ended up with her as my doctor that day. She came in all full of energy and with a big smile on her face, which believe it or not put me some what at ease. She asked the usual amount of question and listened to my lungs and in the most pleasant way manageable she asked me if I was aware of the smell coming from an infection I had under my arm. I look at her and busted out in tears. I was so embarrassed. Anyway the infection led her to asking other question, and I finally had to admit to her that I was a diabetic. She listened to my issues and took the time to discuss with me my options. If it hadn't been for Dr. Slater I doubt I would have made it to my 25th b-day, let alone my 30th.

May 16th, 2012
my Dr. Slater
DR.Slater is 1 of the BEST doctors that I have been around, either for help or working with. I have worked in hospitals, nursing homes, group homes and day care centers. Dr. Slater is the best !! I trust her with my life and I do recommend patients to seek her out for assistance. DR.Slater is ABOVE EXCELLENT !!!