Family Practitioner

Advanced Primary Care
4028 Tampa Rd
Oldsmar, FL 34677
813-814-9088
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 3.2553191489362 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  patient  |  show details
by Brenda on Feb 13th, 2014

Dr. Wu is a wonderful Doctor, she is very care, excellent bedside manner, she make me feel warm, and is VIP, she spends overtime with me, she is very intelligent, make very accurate diagnosis, I am is her new patient this year, I have lot of problems, I visited her two time this year, my medical condition has been much improved than past three year. I am highly recommend her to all my friends and my family, My husband will be her new patient too next week.

May 3rd, 2013

Dr. Wu and her staff were great. I really appreciated her extra attention to prevention. Due to my family history, she ran some very affordable testing and helped teach me how to improve my health. I highly recommend them.

Apr 30th, 2013

Great doctor. Dr Wu is a great doctor, she improve my health quality lot. I can not walk before, after she treat me, I can walk by my self. I am very much appreciate her high quality care.

|  Dr Wu is a very kind doctor  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2013

Do not blame my doctor, patient should pay copay and deductible . Doctor Wu is very kind to me, when I am out of job and out of insurance ,she only charge me half price . She give lot sample to help me through my hardship. In my opinion , that lady blame Dr. Wu regarding her old bill, she should appreciate Dr. Wu did not sent her account to collection, Dr Wu is very kind to her. People should know appreciation . Do not blame Doctor, take your own responsibility . Do not abuse my doctor, we love Dr. Wu.

Apr 25th, 2013

I like Dr. Wu very much, she is very care of his patients. she is my doctor, and my Mom's doctor, and my brother's. she is a wonderful person too, she spend lot time for each of her patient, she take very good care of all my family.

Apr 7th, 2013

Dr Wu is always worried about the money. Everytime my husband and I go she is always worried about getting our copay even when my plan reimburses for my visit, she wanted the payment upfront. One instance, she took my check for a visit and when I wanted to get the money back she came up with a bill 7 years old. She charged a friend of mine for smoking cessation plan and he did not even smoke. Would not go to her.

|  Not Happy  |  show details
by N and J on Mar 20th, 2013

Agree with those who complained of long waits. Went for physical required by my husband's employer for insurance purposes. It only required a simple blood test and checking of vital statistics but ended up with an out-of-pocket laboratory bill > $1000 for all the unnecessary tests that were ordered. Will not visit again.

|  Rude doctor  |  show details
by Kenneth on Jan 28th, 2013

This doctor is like a business man. Very rude attitude and long wait time make me crazy! Becareful!

|  patient for 7 years  |  show details
by Cathy Mills on Jan 28th, 2013

Dr. Wu is a dedicated physician who truly cares about her patient's health. I wld not engage any Medicare Advantage plan that does not offer her service & I've done just that for 2013.

|  Staff is wonderful...  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2012

The wait is absurd,you wait an hour to see the Dr. and in the middle of her seeing you she is answering phones calls worrying about whats happening out side the exam room. I mean if you don't trust your employees to handle office issues themselves than you need new employees. The office staff is great!! Always helpful, respectful, warm and caring. I wish Dr. Wu would stop yelling at the staff in front of patients when she feels they do something wrong. I heard the staff try to explain something to her the other day and she just wouldn't listen. She kept yelling and over talking them. That is rude and uncalled for. Dr. Wu needs to follow HIPPA policy and shut the door when she is with patients so that other patients can not over hear what we speak about. So many things about her and her time manangment needs to be changed. She needs to focus on just the patients and not what else is going on in the office. She is constantly being taken away from the room, for phone calls, questions, chatting up at the front desk with people. I'm the patient, you are getting paid by my insurance company every time I see you no matter what the pay is, you accepted that with the insurance company, I should get your focus at 100%. Thinking of finding a new PCP at the new year and start fresh.

Oct 12th, 2012

Would not change to any other PCP Love her

Sep 21st, 2012

Dr. wu is a wonderful dr, she is worth to wait. I was miserable for long time, I was suffering from hormone imbalance, after she give me replacement treatment, my quality of life much improved. she is not only treat hospital patients, she provide you a high quality preventive care.if you want to be better in your health, go to see Doctor Wu. she will make you better. Tom

|  time is irrelevant  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2012

she is the greatest dr i have ever had the pleasure of being treated by the wait was a little long but that is because she cares and spends time with us after getting screwed over every step of the way in fl dr wu took time to listen and seen how much pain i was in and did not hesitate to help me i had nothing but trouble from another dr. dr. wu listened was patient and helped me i have nothing but the utmost respect for her she was so good to me i appreciated that she got me in same day she was so good thank you so very much dr. wu Harold Bernard

|  This is the Doctor I am looking for long timed  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

Dr. Wu is a the Doctor I am looking for long time. She is very friendly, she is very nice, and care, she is beautyful, her office stuff are very warm, caring for all patients.I am one of her new patient, as soon as I meet her after my first visit, I refered my husband and my parents visit Dr. Wu too, my parents has medicare insrance, they are so happy to switch to Dr. Wu as their PCP now. I highly recommend Dr Wu, she is the doctor i looking for helping me improve my medical, physical and mental health, my health condition is much improved after she gave me treatment and consultation. Laura

Aug 2nd, 2012

Dr. Wu is a very caring doctor, she spending plenty of time talk to her patients, i am a very complecated patient, she answered all my questions and made a very helpful management plan for me, she is very knowlegebal and friendly, i am so happy i find her as my Doctor, i will recommend to my dear friends.Mary

|  Customer service  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

A . It is worth to wait. As long as just LISTEN her instruction. Of course, she has her ways. She is Dr., we are the one listen to her.

Jun 12th, 2012

Don't believe the few bad comments here... Dr Wu is really very good and a joy to be around

|  Awesome  |  show details

Great doc

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

Dont know where or why these negative comments come from. Maybe just miserable people looking for something to complain about. I have always had nothing but positive experiences with Dr Wu. She does a great job and is worth the wait. Pay your obligations and quit complaining. Everyone has to pay co-pays and deductables. Its a fact of lfe these days. Dont blame your doctor. Blame your congressman and insurance companies

|  Great experience  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

Although the wait time was longer than I like Dr. Wu is a wonderful doctors and very thurough. I understand why it takes time to get in when she spends so much time with each patient

Apr 25th, 2012

The most disorganized office ever!! No proffessionalism. she takes personal phone calls while in the room with patients after already waiting an hour and a half. She also a coworker of mine personal business about my family. She always makes smart comments about other patients. Dont waste your time.

Doctor's Response

These are very generalized comments that anyone can say about any physician office. There is no basis or foundation for these types of comments. If you have a particular coplaint with specific information please contact my office and leave your name and contact information.

|  Need better time management...  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2011

Getting an appointment with Dr. Wu is easy. It was like I could make the appointment at any time I wanted. Well, there is a price to pay for that. I wish I had read the reviews about Dr. Wu before I went to see her. The waiting time at the office was unacceptable. I arrived at the office on time and according to the sign-in book, there were 5 people in front of me already. In 5 minutes, I was asked to pay for the co-pay (Like they were afraid of me leaving or something). Then I waited 75 minutes before I was called by the nurse who reminded me of one of the zombies in the movie. The nurse led me into a room, took my blood pressure and asked me some basic questions, and then I was left in there for another 30 minutes before Dr. Wu showed up. Dr. Wu did take her time asking me questions and listen to what I had to say followed by a series of tests. If it wasnt the ridiculous long waiting time, my experience with Dr. Wu was actually not bad.The follow up appointment was pretty much the same. I waited 90 minutes before I got to see her. There is just one more follow up visit with her and I will bring a book to read. After that, I will never return to her office.

Doctor's Response

All insurance companies require payment of deductables and co-pays. According to florida law you are required to pay those co-pays and deductables. If you don't want to pay co-pays and deductables you need to find a different insurance policy that doesn't require them. Payment is due and expected at the time of service. This is a sign you see in every medical practitioners office. That means co-pays, deductables and insurance must all pay in order for services to be rendered. Wait time are long and we are working to shorten them. We understand that people have other commitments and will do our best to reduce wait times.

May 31st, 2011

Office visit waits unacceptable for the average professional person - even when scheduling first appointment of the day, wait times exceeding an hour unacceptable. Three patients scheduled for same first appointment (8:30 am) creates conflicts. Front desk staff unprofessional and unable to handle customer inquiries about scheduling and wait times. Comments such as " she will get to you when she can" while chewing gum loudly or "oh well, don't know what to tell you" seem to be out of line. Would suggest some form of training for these individuals. Unfortunately have had to take the path of finding another physician who is able to manage schedule better.

Doctor's Response

Staffing changes have been made

|  When do I matter?  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

I have never experienced such poor time management at any doctors office and it is not as if Dr Wu is behind because she spends time with patients. This office is strictly a money mill. Staff is ok for the most part but the open conversation regarding a male patient and his use of a certain kind of medication was beyond innapropirate and illegal due to HIPPA laws. At no point does any paitent take priority at this office.

Apr 24th, 2011

The follow up appointments with this Doctor were very poor. The office staff did not initate any contact with me after the first visit and testing and when I called for my results they would not give me any of my test results unless I scheduled an appointment and had to pay a second co-payment for insurance. When I went to the follow up appointments, I had to drive a very long distance and wait a very long time and the Doctor spent very little time with me to review the results. The results were still poor and she made no diagnosis and/or recommendations. Therefore, I wasted my time and money seeing this Doctor.

Doctor's Response

|  Give me that old time doctor, kindness, and that is Dr. Wu. ox  |  show details
by Reverend Raina Hamill. on Feb 22nd, 2011

Dr. Wu,is the kind of doctor that listens and takes her time with each and every patient. You might have to waite for awhile, but she is worth the waite!! She is the most loving and caring doctor that I have found to date ! Just like in the good old days, they cared about us and our health and really listened. It doesn't get better then this !