Dr. Amanda Wu MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 20th, 2017
Pill Pusher
She will write you prescriptions especially for pain killers - gets you hooked on them and threatens to stop treating you if you don't go by her rules. She tells patients not to go to the emergency room for issues - also does not give you referrals to other doctors when needed. Tries to control you and keeps you very medicated. Also double charges for services that other insurances pay her for.

October 19th, 2016
my doctor
i love dr wu and her staff

August 17th, 2016
my doctor
Dr Wu takes her time with me and listens to what I have to say. i have been seeing her for 2 years and I am very happy with her sevices and her staff is great too!

June 4th, 2016
Do not recommend
Have nothing nice to say about the doctor, office or staff. The doctor doesn't seem to know how to do her job. And her staff is even worse. And they try to get as much money out of you as possible. Amazing that there's an office running this way. The staffs toddlers running around. Simple appointments not scheduled correctly. Prior authorizations not done.

May 5th, 2016
I am a healthcare professional and find this office totally unacceptable! It is a very money centered practice and charge higher co pay for advanced care. Dr. Wu is not a specialist and this should be considered fraud. All the advertisements about her "other services" are signs that this practice is all about the money. The office is run very inefficiently to have to wait such long times to see her and she micromanages the front desk.

January 28th, 2016
best doctor ever
Dr Wu is by far the best doctor I have ever had. I am very happy a friend recommended her to me. I have be seeing her for over 5 years, although the wait is sometimes to long she is worth every minute of it. She is full of knowledge. I highly recommend Dr. Wu!

October 9th, 2015
very good
Review sites are all the same the only people that use them are the people that want to write bad things, true or not. Just like social media. My experience here was very pleasant and helpful. In case you haven't noticed, health insurance isnt what it used to be and everyone needs to pay more. Doctors Dentists and other professionals are in business to make money just like everyone else. It seems most of the doctor complaints I read on this site complain about paying deductible and other fees. If you want to blame someone blame the insurance industry, government, and people who refuse to pay their share of the bill and expect to be given everything.

June 19th, 2015
she is an excellent Doctor, very care, spends time with me, very good bedside manner, very accurate for my diagnosis, my medical condition much improved since she is my doctor , I am highly recommended her to my family and friend,

February 26th, 2015
None
Wow most of the positive reviews were left with a chinese accent ,, how interesting. They want full office fee up front, not the copay full fee and want to reimburse you later when your insurance company pays her. I bet you that after insurance reimbursement she still going to charge you more than your co pay. such a greedy "doctor" :) oh yeah and they don't tell you that over the phone when you are making your first appointment
Doctor's Response

It's unfortunate that you did not read the entire policy on your free monthly Obama plan. You are responsible for more than your co-pay. You are also responsible for the deductible too. Just like any other commercial insurance. The deductible has to be paid first, then the co-pay before you get to the so called benefit. When you call on the phone we do not have your insurance card so we cannot tell if you have a deductible or how much it is. Therefore we have to charge the office visit and once the Obama plan tells us what the deductible is and how much you owe or do not owe then we can refund. There is a sign in my office and any other professional office that says "Payment is expected at the time of service" if you can't pay that's one thing . If you won't pay that's an entirely different story.

June 25th, 2014
Dr. Wu is a great doctor and save my life. I am very sick, but Dr. Wu give me lot of care, she spend time with me, let me walk in for my urgent care, her diagnosis is very accurate save my life. I love her, and I highly recommended her to our friends.

February 13th, 2014
patient
Dr. Wu is a wonderful Doctor, she is very care, excellent bedside manner, she make me feel warm, and is VIP, she spends overtime with me, she is very intelligent, make very accurate diagnosis, I am is her new patient this year, I have lot of problems, I visited her two time this year, my medical condition has been much improved than past three year. I am highly recommend her to all my friends and my family, My husband will be her new patient too next week.

May 3rd, 2013
Dr. Wu and her staff were great. I really appreciated her extra attention to prevention. Due to my family history, she ran some very affordable testing and helped teach me how to improve my health. I highly recommend them.