Family Practitioner

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Do not recommend show details Do not recommend
by Rose on Jun 4th, 2016

Have nothing nice to say about the doctor, office or staff. The doctor doesn't seem to know how to do her job. And her staff is even worse. And they try to get as much money out of you as possible. Amazing that there's an office running this way. The staffs toddlers running around. Simple appointments not scheduled correctly. Prior authorizations not done.

May 5th, 2016

I am a healthcare professional and find this office totally unacceptable! It is a very money centered practice and charge higher co pay for advanced care. Dr. Wu is not a specialist and this should be considered fraud. All the advertisements about her "other services" are signs that this practice is all about the money. The office is run very inefficiently to have to wait such long times to see her and she micromanages the front desk.

best doctor ever show details best doctor ever
by joan on Jan 28th, 2016

Dr Wu is by far the best doctor I have ever had. I am very happy a friend recommended her to me. I have be seeing her for over 5 years, although the wait is sometimes to long she is worth every minute of it. She is full of knowledge. I highly recommend Dr. Wu!

very good show details very good
by Dave Y on Oct 9th, 2015

Review sites are all the same the only people that use them are the people that want to write bad things, true or not. Just like social media. My experience here was very pleasant and helpful. In case you haven't noticed, health insurance isnt what it used to be and everyone needs to pay more. Doctors Dentists and other professionals are in business to make money just like everyone else. It seems most of the doctor complaints I read on this site complain about paying deductible and other fees. If you want to blame someone blame the insurance industry, government, and people who refuse to pay their share of the bill and expect to be given everything.

by kim on Jun 19th, 2015

she is an excellent Doctor, very care, spends time with me, very good bedside manner, very accurate for my diagnosis, my medical condition much improved since she is my doctor , I am highly recommended her to my family and friend,

None show details None
by Jay on Feb 26th, 2015

Wow most of the positive reviews were left with a chinese accent ,, how interesting. They want full office fee up front, not the copay full fee and want to reimburse you later when your insurance company pays her. I bet you that after insurance reimbursement she still going to charge you more than your co pay. such a greedy "doctor" :) oh yeah and they don't tell you that over the phone when you are making your first appointment

Doctor's Response

It's unfortunate that you did not read the entire policy on your free monthly Obama plan. You are responsible for more than your co-pay. You are also responsible for the deductible too. Just like any other commercial insurance. The deductible has to be paid first, then the co-pay before you get to the so called benefit. When you call on the phone we do not have your insurance card so we cannot tell if you have a deductible or how much it is. Therefore we have to charge the office visit and once the Obama plan tells us what the deductible is and how much you owe or do not owe then we can refund. There is a sign in my office and any other professional office that says "Payment is expected at the time of service" if you can't pay that's one thing . If you won't pay that's an entirely different story.

Jun 25th, 2014

Dr. Wu is a great doctor and save my life. I am very sick, but Dr. Wu give me lot of care, she spend time with me, let me walk in for my urgent care, her diagnosis is very accurate save my life. I love her, and I highly recommended her to our friends.

patient show details patient
by Brenda on Feb 13th, 2014

Dr. Wu is a wonderful Doctor, she is very care, excellent bedside manner, she make me feel warm, and is VIP, she spends overtime with me, she is very intelligent, make very accurate diagnosis, I am is her new patient this year, I have lot of problems, I visited her two time this year, my medical condition has been much improved than past three year. I am highly recommend her to all my friends and my family, My husband will be her new patient too next week.

May 3rd, 2013

Dr. Wu and her staff were great. I really appreciated her extra attention to prevention. Due to my family history, she ran some very affordable testing and helped teach me how to improve my health. I highly recommend them.

Apr 30th, 2013

Great doctor. Dr Wu is a great doctor, she improve my health quality lot. I can not walk before, after she treat me, I can walk by my self. I am very much appreciate her high quality care.

Dr Wu is a very kind doctor show details Dr Wu is a very kind doctor
Apr 26th, 2013

Do not blame my doctor, patient should pay copay and deductible . Doctor Wu is very kind to me, when I am out of job and out of insurance ,she only charge me half price . She give lot sample to help me through my hardship. In my opinion , that lady blame Dr. Wu regarding her old bill, she should appreciate Dr. Wu did not sent her account to collection, Dr Wu is very kind to her. People should know appreciation . Do not blame Doctor, take your own responsibility . Do not abuse my doctor, we love Dr. Wu.

Apr 25th, 2013

I like Dr. Wu very much, she is very care of his patients. she is my doctor, and my Mom's doctor, and my brother's. she is a wonderful person too, she spend lot time for each of her patient, she take very good care of all my family.

Apr 7th, 2013

Dr Wu is always worried about the money. Everytime my husband and I go she is always worried about getting our copay even when my plan reimburses for my visit, she wanted the payment upfront. One instance, she took my check for a visit and when I wanted to get the money back she came up with a bill 7 years old. She charged a friend of mine for smoking cessation plan and he did not even smoke. Would not go to her.

Not Happy show details Not Happy
by N and J on Mar 20th, 2013

Agree with those who complained of long waits. Went for physical required by my husband's employer for insurance purposes. It only required a simple blood test and checking of vital statistics but ended up with an out-of-pocket laboratory bill > $1000 for all the unnecessary tests that were ordered. Will not visit again.

Rude doctor show details Rude doctor
by Kenneth on Jan 28th, 2013

This doctor is like a business man. Very rude attitude and long wait time make me crazy! Becareful!

patient for 7 years show details patient for 7 years
by Cathy Mills on Jan 28th, 2013

Dr. Wu is a dedicated physician who truly cares about her patient's health. I wld not engage any Medicare Advantage plan that does not offer her service & I've done just that for 2013.

Staff is wonderful... show details Staff is wonderful...
Nov 1st, 2012

The wait is absurd,you wait an hour to see the Dr. and in the middle of her seeing you she is answering phones calls worrying about whats happening out side the exam room. I mean if you don't trust your employees to handle office issues themselves than you need new employees. The office staff is great!! Always helpful, respectful, warm and caring. I wish Dr. Wu would stop yelling at the staff in front of patients when she feels they do something wrong. I heard the staff try to explain something to her the other day and she just wouldn't listen. She kept yelling and over talking them. That is rude and uncalled for. Dr. Wu needs to follow HIPPA policy and shut the door when she is with patients so that other patients can not over hear what we speak about. So many things about her and her time manangment needs to be changed. She needs to focus on just the patients and not what else is going on in the office. She is constantly being taken away from the room, for phone calls, questions, chatting up at the front desk with people. I'm the patient, you are getting paid by my insurance company every time I see you no matter what the pay is, you accepted that with the insurance company, I should get your focus at 100%. Thinking of finding a new PCP at the new year and start fresh.

Oct 12th, 2012

Would not change to any other PCP Love her

Customer service show details Customer service
Jul 9th, 2012

A . It is worth to wait. As long as just LISTEN her instruction. Of course, she has her ways. She is Dr., we are the one listen to her.

Jun 12th, 2012

Don't believe the few bad comments here... Dr Wu is really very good and a joy to be around

Awesome show details Awesome

Great doc

Great doctor show details Great doctor
Jun 12th, 2012

Dont know where or why these negative comments come from. Maybe just miserable people looking for something to complain about. I have always had nothing but positive experiences with Dr Wu. She does a great job and is worth the wait. Pay your obligations and quit complaining. Everyone has to pay co-pays and deductables. Its a fact of lfe these days. Dont blame your doctor. Blame your congressman and insurance companies

Great experience show details Great experience
Jun 12th, 2012

Although the wait time was longer than I like Dr. Wu is a wonderful doctors and very thurough. I understand why it takes time to get in when she spends so much time with each patient

Apr 25th, 2012

The most disorganized office ever!! No proffessionalism. she takes personal phone calls while in the room with patients after already waiting an hour and a half. She also a coworker of mine personal business about my family. She always makes smart comments about other patients. Dont waste your time.

Doctor's Response

These are very generalized comments that anyone can say about any physician office. There is no basis or foundation for these types of comments. If you have a particular coplaint with specific information please contact my office and leave your name and contact information.

Need better time management... show details Need better time management...
Dec 27th, 2011

Getting an appointment with Dr. Wu is easy. It was like I could make the appointment at any time I wanted. Well, there is a price to pay for that. I wish I had read the reviews about Dr. Wu before I went to see her. The waiting time at the office was unacceptable. I arrived at the office on time and according to the sign-in book, there were 5 people in front of me already. In 5 minutes, I was asked to pay for the co-pay (Like they were afraid of me leaving or something). Then I waited 75 minutes before I was called by the nurse who reminded me of one of the zombies in the movie. The nurse led me into a room, took my blood pressure and asked me some basic questions, and then I was left in there for another 30 minutes before Dr. Wu showed up. Dr. Wu did take her time asking me questions and listen to what I had to say followed by a series of tests. If it wasnt the ridiculous long waiting time, my experience with Dr. Wu was actually not bad.The follow up appointment was pretty much the same. I waited 90 minutes before I got to see her. There is just one more follow up visit with her and I will bring a book to read. After that, I will never return to her office.

Doctor's Response

All insurance companies require payment of deductables and co-pays. According to florida law you are required to pay those co-pays and deductables. If you don't want to pay co-pays and deductables you need to find a different insurance policy that doesn't require them. Payment is due and expected at the time of service. This is a sign you see in every medical practitioners office. That means co-pays, deductables and insurance must all pay in order for services to be rendered. Wait time are long and we are working to shorten them. We understand that people have other commitments and will do our best to reduce wait times.

May 31st, 2011

Office visit waits unacceptable for the average professional person - even when scheduling first appointment of the day, wait times exceeding an hour unacceptable. Three patients scheduled for same first appointment (8:30 am) creates conflicts. Front desk staff unprofessional and unable to handle customer inquiries about scheduling and wait times. Comments such as " she will get to you when she can" while chewing gum loudly or "oh well, don't know what to tell you" seem to be out of line. Would suggest some form of training for these individuals. Unfortunately have had to take the path of finding another physician who is able to manage schedule better.

Doctor's Response

Staffing changes have been made

Apr 24th, 2011

The follow up appointments with this Doctor were very poor. The office staff did not initate any contact with me after the first visit and testing and when I called for my results they would not give me any of my test results unless I scheduled an appointment and had to pay a second co-payment for insurance. When I went to the follow up appointments, I had to drive a very long distance and wait a very long time and the Doctor spent very little time with me to review the results. The results were still poor and she made no diagnosis and/or recommendations. Therefore, I wasted my time and money seeing this Doctor.

Doctor's Response

Give me that old time doctor, kindness, and that is Dr. Wu. ox show details Give me that old time doctor, kindness, and that is Dr. Wu. ox
by Reverend Raina Hamill. on Feb 22nd, 2011

Dr. Wu,is the kind of doctor that listens and takes her time with each and every patient. You might have to waite for awhile, but she is worth the waite!! She is the most loving and caring doctor that I have found to date ! Just like in the good old days, they cared about us and our health and really listened. It doesn't get better then this !