A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Amar Pohwani:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Amar Pohwani is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Amar Pohwani, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Pohwani graduated from Aga Khan Medical College, Karachi.
Dr. Pohwani has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Oak Valley Hospital District
- Doctors Medical Center of Modesto
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Pohwani accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 9 plans
- Cigna - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Amar L. Pohwani practice?
Dr. Amar Pohwani practices Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Modesto, CA.
See Modesto Cardiologists.