A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Amar Pohwani:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Amar Pohwani is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Pohwani
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Pohwani Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Amar Pohwani, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Pohwani graduated from Aga Khan Medical College, Karachi.
Dr. Pohwani has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Oak Valley Hospital District
- Doctors Medical Center of Modesto
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Amar L Pohwani MD is a male Internist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Amar L. Pohwani practice?
- Dr. Amar Pohwani has 1 office location.
Dr. Amar Pohwani practices Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology near Modesto, CA.
See Modesto Cardiologists.