Dr. Amara Lieberman MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Monterey, CA

3.8

May 17th, 2017
Intimidating Examination
I am a female and went to Dr. Lieberman for the first time. Both she and another person (medical assistant?) entered the room. I was asked to remove all of my clothes and stand up with no coverup given to me. Had to remove my clothes in front of them. The doctor gave me a full body exam-while I was standing there totally naked. She entered information on her laptop--before & after exam while I stood there nude. It was very uncomfortable and embarrassing for me. Added to this was the fact that she barely spoke to me and did not treat me on a personal level. To her, I was only a body and NOT a person.

January 3rd, 2017
DISSATISFIED PATIENT
This was my first visit. Dr. Lieberman came into room, never said hello, never introduce herself, did not ask any questions. I showed her a sebaceous cyst that she said to leave alone, although I said it caused pain and was irritated. When she did a full body check, I stood there completely nude for entire time. I was very uncomfortable. She said to come back in a year. Never said anything else to me. She rushed out of room! I might as well have been a cadaver.She had NO social skills!

April 20th, 2016
Very efficient and courteous staff. Dr. Lieberman is knowledgeable, professional and makes patients feel at ease. Would highly recommend.

July 15th, 2015
Completely disinterested
Just completely disinterested. New patient and never even asked about my skin's history. I thought I could finally get some help with my skin but I basically wasted my time and I am making another appointment with a new dermatologist just so I can get a better understanding of what is going on. Even asked me weird questions without explaining the reason as to why she needed to know. Made me feel uncomfortable.

July 8th, 2011
A good experience

July 1st, 2011
Very unpleasant experience. Totally disorganized obsolete office
I requested a refill of a prescription. This took 3 days to be completed and she changed my dose without notifying me. If I hadn't noticed it myself when I went to pick it up I would have filled the wrong thing. There was no discussion of why it had been changed and the office staff seemed upset that I would even ask for a reason. Also their office is extremely antiquated with paper records being transcribed into other paper records, and very long wait times.

March 9th, 2010
Pleased patient
Excellent doctor. Solved my longstanding problem in one visit.

June 29th, 2009
Bedside manner lacking
I found this Physician to be disturbingly abrupt considering the office wasn't busy.

May 18th, 2009
Doctor Lieberman
An extremely knowledgeable physician with excellent follow-up care. Patient and caring in her manner. The office also plays wonderfully soothing classical music (piano, etc.).