A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Amarilys Cortijo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Education & Awards
Dr. Cortijo graduated from Ponce School of Medicine . She has 2 awards.
Dr. Cortijo has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Staten Island University Hospital North
- University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cortijo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 4 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 5 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 10 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Amarilys R. Cortijo practice?
Dr. Amarilys Cortijo practices Family Medicine near Bronx, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY.
See Bronx Family Physicians.