Dr. Ambareen Salam MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 16th, 2013
Finally, back with a good internist!
I had a great internist for many years who retired. All the internists for 20+ years before that were great, too. I suppose I was due for a bad one when I went to that last internist I saw *before* I found Dr. Salam. Everything bad about that internist, and about the specialists I'd seen since, was made better by Dr. Salam. Where the previous doctor was dismissive, Dr. Salam was welcoming; where the other doctor was curt, Dr. Salam was expansive and explanatory; where the other doctor talked to me as if I were a not-too-bright child, Dr. Salam spoke to me like the intelligent adult I am. After some seven months trying to find a good doctor to help me track down and fix the source of a troubling medical complaint I have, I believe I can say I'm on the right road with Dr. S. The only area for improvement that I see on the Vitals list is "ease of appointment"; while getting in isn't too hard once you finally reach someone, it's very frustrating to have such limited hours when staff can be reached by phone and no answering service or machine to leave a "please call me at ____ so I can make an appointment" message. Everything else was great.

June 24th, 2013
I too do not understand why any patient would speak negatively about Dr. Salam. There is a possibility that they just didn't get the answer from her they wanted. She is warm,honest,caring and always courteous. Her nurse is really really sweet. The girls at the desk are not overly friendly,but they are courteous.

June 20th, 2013
Very Rude
Does not answer the questions... staff is very rude...

June 7th, 2013
I don't understand the negative reviews. While she doesn't exactly have a bubbly personality, she does listen and I always feel that she cares. I never feel that the appointment is rushed. I have referred other people to her and they always continue to go to her.

July 31st, 2012
Professional and caring
I don't understand the negative reviews. I have never had a problem getting an appointment or with the office staff. Also, Dr. Salam may not be as touchy feely as some people want, but that is a personality thing and personal preference. She listens and is courteous and professional. She is also very direct, which I like. Perhaps those naysayers should question their own behavior and also respect the fact that it is not a social call but a medical appointment. I am glad to have her taking care of my health.

April 17th, 2012
Doctor was rude, and upset because I asked questions.
From the doctor to her staff, they all had attitudes that made me feel like I wanted to just walk out. As if healthcare wasn't bad enough, doctors like this just make things worse. Don't expect more than 60 seconds without her getting upset and making it clear you're wasting her time.

May 9th, 2011
Dr. Salam is sweet, but aloof and quick in her exams. I like her.

June 9th, 2010
Doctor never present in office or available by phone
She does not communicate, vague, unaccessible. Gives all communication responsibilities to nurse. Deos not return callas or answer questions. Front office staff is rude and acts like they are being put out. Will put you onhold three times withour waiting to see if you can wait.