Dr. Amer Aboukasm MD Patient Reviews

September 20th, 2016
Quality
I know I'm in good hands with this doctor. He has addressed every issue I have expressed with proper treatment for my relief he actually listens to his patient

September 2nd, 2016
great doctor
the doctor is always willing to listen. had all the correct answers to my issues.will give you a realistic diagnosis and be very truthfull. one of the very best in his field i would reccomend him to anyone .

April 1st, 2011
Great Doc
I have had nothing but good visits. He helped more than any other doctor I had seen previous.

May 20th, 2010
one visit was more than enough
i did not choose this dr. the hopital sent me to him. the wait in the waiting room was not too long however my husband and i waited in his office for almost an hour, then when he finally came in he offered no apology for the wait. then his beeper went off almost immediately, he looked at it and said it was important and he had to take it. as he spoke to the caller we realized he was talking to someone about a new car he must have had on order. inexcusable. then he spoke directly to my husband and i was the patient. when i asked questions he would look in my direction and simply dismiss the question. my husband noticed this and began to repeat all my questions, then they somehow deserved an answer. when he was told that i was having trouble functioning normally on the medication i was given in the hospital he simply said i would just have to get used to it. when asked how long i would need to take the medicine he said the rest of your life, with no thought of trying another med. that i could maybe tolerate more easily. until my husband who had read every poster in the room during out rediculously long wait, suggested one of the ones he'd seen on the wall. then suddenly the dr. saw an alternative. needless to say that was that was our last visit to this "dr."

April 12th, 2010
You better pay him first!!!
I thought I'd found a miracle worker, what I got was a shyster.Dr. Aboukasm's first allegiance is to his wallet. I had to cancel an appointment because I was having such bad tremors/seizures and could not make it to his office for a second sleep study.The tremors are unpredictable and leave me stunned, dazed and without energy, I couldn't get to his office unless I was wheeled in by EMS.My next scheduled visit, he sent in his billing secretary and a tech who informed me that he would not see me!!!Aboukasm didn't even have the nerve to talk to me himself, I waited in the waiting room - was taken back to a care room, had my blood pressure and stats taken and then, THEN I am told the doctor will not see me.I explained the tremors/seizures were getting worse - starting to affect my ability to walk and impede my breathing - and that I was having pain all over - and HE STILL REUSED TO EVEN TALK TO ME unless I paid the $100.00 cancellation fee. Which I did not do. I left his office in tears and will NEVER return there!

November 21st, 2009
The Best Doctor in over 51 years
My wife and I have been using this Neurologist for nearly 5 years. Dr Aboukasm is best doctor I've had in over 51 years. He raises the bar on caring and understanding his patients. His passion and dedication to his patients and the healing process are amazing. Thank you doctor for helping me and my wife get through some of the worst of times.

March 4th, 2009
Dr Aboukasm is a rare find, he is very caring,a very good listener, an excellent diagnostician, he takes his time to explain things so you understand what he's telling you. You want to do what he suggests because it makes sense. He's the best neurologist I've had and I would recommend him to anyone.