Feb 29th, 2016

My doc when he was at UCLA. No words to describe how compassionate and kind he is. Calling with lab results in the evening or on weekends. Always took the time to answer questions. Encouraging and reassuring. Treats you like you are a person of value. Thank you Dr Karam.

great show details great
by GJ on Nov 25th, 2015

My care at Stanford so far has been wonderful because of Amer. Thank you Amer, and Rachel for all you do for me! Rebecca Sousa, RN has been difficult to reach at times I know you all are very busy. I do wish she would pick up the phone. She has also lied about some our interactions. It's ok as we all make mistakes. Other than that I love my care with Amer!

Easy Conversation show details Easy Conversation
by Melanie on Aug 24th, 2015

I had an appointment with Dr Karam for a second opinion. I was extremely impressed with him, enough that I seriously considered going with him even logistically it would have been quite a trek to do so. He has wonderful "bedside" manners. He is a patient listener and excellent at explaining proposed treatments. He clearly is up to speed on clinical trials throughout not only the US but internationally as well. I had a lot of questions and he was extremely nice about going through all of them thoroughly. I did not feel rushed by him at all. The only negative was that he was running behind on his schedule. He had just returned from vacation, so it was understandable that he had a few wrinkles in his schedule. Again even though he running behind, he spent as much i needed with me. I would absolutely recommend him as a highly qualified doctor who is very easy to talk to.

A really great doctor. show details A really great doctor.
by Rita Kaplan on Jun 14th, 2015

From our first meeting , I was convinced that I was in good hands. Dr. Karman has been blessed with a winning personality . He presented the facts about my problem in a calm and direct way. The laparoscopic surgery was a breeze for me. , and the outcome was good news. Dr. Karam couldn't have been more attentive and caring. I was shocked and delighted to receive a call from him before and after surgery. I have never had a doctor do that before. --I simply cannot praise him enough. ,,

OVERY SURGERY show details OVERY SURGERY
by H.VAN on Jun 7th, 2015

DR. KARAM IS ONE THE VERY BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MET. HE IS VERY CARING AND LISTEN TO YOUR CONCERN. I AM VERY PLEASE HE IS MY DOCTOR. FIVE STAR IS NOT ENOUGH WE SHOULD GIVE HIM 10 STAR . 100% RECOMEND TO MY FRIENDS.

Mar 17th, 2015

Dr. Karam is the best doctor I had ever met!

Feb 26th, 2015

Amazing doctor and surgeon. Would recommend him 100%.

Amazing, wonderful doctor show details Amazing, wonderful doctor
by DMS on Mar 21st, 2014

Dr. Karam performed a hysterectomy on my 86 year old mother. The care he showed for my mother put us all at ease. He contacted us before and after the surgery to check on her condition. My mother recovered from the surgery within a day or two. Dr. Karam showed great concern for my mother, He spoke with her about the surgery in terms she could understand and took great care of her.

High Recommendation show details High Recommendation
by Olivia on Dec 27th, 2013

Dr. Karam is super, and I highly recommend him. Late last summer he performed a minimally invasive hysterectomy on me. It was amazingly gentle, and my recovery was easy, short and uncomplicated. This is despite the fact that the surgery was challenging because of adhesions from a prior surgery, including an ovarian adhesion attached to one of the ureters. The ovarian adhesion needed to be cut off from the ureter, quite a delicate job, expertly performed. Dr. Karam was unwaveringly positive, encouraging, supportive and kind to me. He invited questions, made himself easily accessible, and was straightforward in answering. Before meeting Dr. Karam, I had received conflicting opinions about having a hysterectomy. Due to some physical complications, my regular gynecologist had been unable to complete a D and C and get a tissue sample from the inside of the uterus, so I did not know for sure whether or not I had any cancer. I am deeply grateful to Dr. Karam for recommending and performing the surgery, which did reveal that I had a small, early-stage cancerous tumor in the uterus. Catching it so early gives me a remarkably favorable prognosis. Dr. Karam will always have my gratitude.

Amazing doctor and wonderful human being! show details Amazing doctor and wonderful human being!
Oct 7th, 2013

Dr. Karam is the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever had and he is also an excellent surgeon and diagnostician. After my surgery I had some complications and he was prompt to return my calls and work me into his schedule for additional procedures as needed. He even called me on a holiday with a pathology report which certainly could have waited until the next business day. I always felt I was in good hands and I would highly recommend Dr. Karam. I feel blessed to have had him for my doctor.

regarding dr AMER KARAM md show details regarding dr AMER KARAM md
by EDNA KAHEN on Jun 30th, 2013

dr AMER KARAM is the nicest and best dr I have ever had . he is so calm and respectful so energetic and caring and most important of all he treat the patient like a family member and best of all he is always smiling and paying sooo much attention to your needs...ohhh my god if every dr was the same as dr AMER KARAM earth would be like heaven. thank you dr AMER KARAM for every thing . I will recommend dr AMER KARAM to whole world to know there is an angel on the earth with no wing name dr AMER KARAM.....<3 :)

Jun 14th, 2013

Dr. Karam spent a lot of time with my mother, going over her diagnosis and discussing treatment options. At all times, he was kind, compassionate and most importantly, willing to fight for her! Another oncologist told her that surgery "wasn't an option" our second opinion led us to Dr. Karam and we are so grateful that it did. He literally saved my mother's life!

Mrs show details Mrs
by Elena Brodetsky on May 9th, 2013

There is a combination of highly skilled surgeon, caring physician and compassionate person in Dr Karam. I hope his students, residence and peers can learn from him and bring all these qualities into their practice. Health care needs more of this kind of role models to ensure medicine does not become a business but stays focused on healing a patient.

Oct 2nd, 2012

Great doctor. Very caring

Aug 21st, 2012

Dr. Karam is not only an excellent physician but a caring human being. Rather than make my husband and I wait through the weekend to get the results of my MRI, Dr. Karam, himself, called me on a Friday night to let us know the test results were negative. Dr. Karam's reason for calling on a Friday evening: he didn't want us to worry unnecessarily!! That is just one of many many examples of his compassion. Dr. Karam, thank you for all do!!! You are the best and my husband and I truly appreciate you!

Amazing! show details Amazing!
Jun 7th, 2012

It's Hard to find a Doctor who is so knowledgable and so caring! He comes highly recommended and now I see why!

The Absolute BEST!!! show details The Absolute BEST!!!
Jun 1st, 2012

Dr. Karam treated me for severely symptomatic fibroids. he is very kind and knowledgeable. He spends enough time with patients answering questions also.

I have never been more impressed with a doctor! show details I have never been more impressed with a doctor!
Apr 3rd, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Karam for a female problem I was having. What a great first impresssion. I was seen right away. Dr. Karam spent at least 30 mins with me, answering questions, etc. When discussing my medical history, he knew things I had not included on my paperwork. When I asked how that was, he stated that he had gone over my entire medical history with UCLA. I couldn't believe how thorough and genuinely concerned he was. The Dr. gave me his cell, email and office phone number in case I had questions. Whenever I called or emailed him, he would always get back to me right away. Dr. Karam eventually performed surgery on me. Afterward, he visited me several times to check on me. This attention continued after I was discharged from the hospital. I have a friend who also sees Dr. Karam and she agrees with me that he gives exceptional patient service. I highly recommend Dr. Karam.

He is Awesome!!! show details He is Awesome!!!
Mar 7th, 2012

The great thing about Dr. Karam is that he genuinely cares about his patients. He has a very practical, common sense, intuitive way of looking at issues.

THE GREATEST DOC show details THE GREATEST DOC
Jan 16th, 2012

He is the first doctor that I have seen and I have been to quite a few in my lifetime no one doctor has even come close to what kind of doctor he is. I do not have the word to say how great he is.

Lucky patient show details Lucky patient
Dec 8th, 2011

I was VERY fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Karam. Honestly, my first impression of him wasn't the greatest as he looks very young. I thought, "Oh gosh, another young doctor, what would he know?" Boy, was I wrong. He is the most knowledgable Dr. who I have ever met in my lifetime so far. Not only is he familiar with my condition, but he is very personal and caring. I've had bad doctor experiences previously with bigger hospitals, but I must say that UCLA should be grateful to have a doctor like Dr. Karam. He's very sincere and actually wants to help you get through the problems with you. He'll even refer you to doctors in other specialties if he thinks it's for your own good. I hope to stay a patient of Dr. Karam for a very long time! I would definitely recommend Dr. Karam to anyone who needs his specialty without a doubt in my mind that he will treat you right.

the best dr. you can have in the time of need. show details the best dr. you can have in the time of need.
Dec 7th, 2011

I would highly highly recommend him as a extremely knowledgable doctor, caring human being, and overall excellence. He is the kind of doctor you can count on to talk to you (as a person with dignity), provide you with all the information you need about your condition. He takes his time to answer all your questions even those that you may think should not be asked. He enckuragez you to ask him anything in order to make you feel at ease. He is thrustworthy. I highly recommend him.

Exceptional Care show details Exceptional Care
Oct 12th, 2011

Cancer is not a easy diagnosis to hear but Dr. Karam's kindness and compassion reduced my anxiety and fear. He took time to explain everything and listened to and answered all my questions. His confident, knowledgeable and assured manner made me feel safe under his care. He exemplifies excellence in healthcare.

Marquesa de Puebla de Parga (Frances Christopher) show details Marquesa de Puebla de Parga (Frances Christopher)
Jul 20th, 2011

I had a surgery that I have been putting off for about 2 years. I had had consultations with two other highly recommended doctors in the area and the first one, who is considered to be one of the best in her field at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles, examined me after I spent over an hour with various people whose professions I am not sure of . She was with me for about fifteen minutes and wanted to do a procedure far more invasive than the one that was eventually performed by Doctor Karam. At Cedars a lot of pressure was put on me to have surgery within a few days, through fear tactics and fortunately I chose to look for another solution.Fortunately for me I looked on the UCLA website and in talking with some of the people at UCLA. , I asked, "what doctor would you use if you needed this surgery." The answer was Doctor Karam. I also had some trepidation about his ageand experience, however upon meeting him, all those fears subsided. He never once instilled fear in me, and never pressured me to have surgery. He diagnosed my problem, explained the alternatives and left the decision of what to have done up to me. He said I probably did not have cancer, and fortunately I do not. He did a minimal procedure and I am now at home and able have a swift recovery.During the time leading up to the surgery, if I had any questions or needed any paperwork, Doctor Karam would personally address those issues. He would take to time to communicate both by phone and email. Instead of having to navigate through several departments to get information, Dr. Karam would take his own time to provide answers , that in other practices would be sent by a secretary or an assistant. Since returning home, he has called several times, just to see how things are going. Since this was my first surgery, and I was very anxious and scared, Doctor Karam was a tremendous help to me. As mentioned by the other patient's in their reviews, I cannot say enough about his caring attitude, his communication skills, and his bedside manner.I do believe that this has a profound affect on one's health and the ability to heal quickly. A smiling face and a cheerful attitude goes a long way and I feel fortunate that I was somehow directed to Dr. Karam in a time of need.

Feb 28th, 2011

Dr. Karam well exceeded all expectations for quality care at UCLA. He is an elite medical professional that truly cares about his patients. He listens, follows up, and makes himself available for questions and concerns as they arise. I am truly grateful.

Very friendly and caring Dr. who listened to my concerns! show details Very friendly and caring Dr. who listened to my concerns!
by CK on Feb 8th, 2011

In our conversation, he listened and gave me great information specific to my health needs. I would highly recommend him.I did not list minutes waiting. I was early and they took me 15 minutes before my appt.

Jan 13th, 2011

Dr. Karam is by far the nicest, most professional, personable Dr. I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He instantly puts you at ease in a way that is unique to him. He truly has a gift, and I am incredibly grateful to have him as my Dr. If every Dr. were this qualified, women would not put off their yearly visits!

Jan 3rd, 2011

Amazing doctor.

Breast Cancer Scare show details Breast Cancer Scare
Dec 30th, 2010

Last year I was referred to Dr. Karam for a breast abnormality. As a person in the industry, I typically have higher expectations of service & bedside manner. While my condition wasn't critical, it was still scary & required some invasive procedures. Dr. Karam was so sweet and so comforting when it came to one of the procedures that he came and held my hand and talked to me until it was over. I have not ever met a doctor like him before. When one of my clients contacted me after his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, I encouragedvthem to see Dr. Karam as a 2nd opinion. Immediately following their appointment they called me and thanked me from the bottom of their hearts because he offered to help oversee her treatment. Dr. Karam is by far the best doctor I've ever had and would recommend him to anyone who has a need in his specialty. I will also go as far as saying that anytime I am asked about a good specialist, he's the first one I call because anyone he trusts, I trust.

Best doctor I have ever met show details Best doctor I have ever met
by Nancy G. on Sep 6th, 2010

Dr. Karam is treating me for breast cancer. His knowledge, skill and manner of patient care is the best I have ever experienced. He explains details about my disease, treatment options and what to expect. He gives his personal contact info - not just an office number and is available any time, or calls back promptly. So far in my journey with cancer, Dr. Karam has been my star of hope. I recommend him highly over any of the other surgeons at UCLA - or any other institution.

Most Accessible Doctor Ever show details Most Accessible Doctor Ever
Apr 21st, 2010

Patient care I have received over the past year for breast surgery and follow-up has been the best I've ever received. Don't let his youthfulness put you off. He's very knowlegable on the medicine side and knows how to treat patients like human beings - a rare thing in this day-and-age, especially at a big hospital.

Absolutely Excellent Doctor show details Absolutely Excellent Doctor
Jan 3rd, 2010

The BEST Doctor that I have ever met in my life. He is very caring and compassionate with high technological skills. I truly feel lucky that he operated on me.

Very Satified Patient show details Very Satified Patient
by Satisfied Patient on Nov 29th, 2009

Dr. Karam is an excellent physician. He is not only very knowledgeable but he has the bed side manner of a saint. He always treats you with respect and he takes time to answer ALL of your questions. He is defenitely the most compassionate person you will ever meet!!!! In Dr. Karam's care, you will get the best medical attention available today!!!!

Aug 30th, 2009

Very nice, polite to everyone, treats staff kindly and patients with compassion. Would recommend him above all others.

Perfect Bedside Mannter show details Perfect Bedside Mannter
Aug 15th, 2009

He's the ultimate doctor. That's all I can say.