Dr. Amer Khan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

March 1st, 2016
Promt & Courtesy staff and Dr.
I was referred to Dr. Khan as a new patient recently and his office called me within two days to schedule my appointment. They scheduled me for the following week. The next day I had some questions and called the office but got Dr. Khan instead and found him to be very personable, polite, courteous and professional. If this keeps up, I will be a very happy patient of his!

May 13th, 2015
Not very good
If you can get in to see him he's ok. Still, he doesn't seem to be overly caring or concerned. Can't seem to get ahold of him when I have an urgent question about my child's care. So it seems to be hit or miss with him.

February 13th, 2013
Drugs with no testing or diagnoses
We have been struggling for years to get help for behavior issues for my son. We have seen many specialists but Dr. Khan was one of the worst. After about 5 min in his office and a couple of questions he was ready to give my child lifelong meds. When questioned he could not tell me specifically what he would give him but said that unless I was willing to give him meds nothing would ever help. He could not give me any official research or information to base his diagnosis on but stated that he saw hundreds of kids with the exact issue and he knew all about it. If there are hundreds of children with this same issue why are all of the specialist we have seen stumped by the behaviors my son shows. I left feeling even more helpless with nothing but a head full of useless words and no real help.

May 16th, 2012
Life long complications for my son
My son was sent to Dr. Khan in 2007 due to complications with his head. Dr. Khan ordered an MRI and stated that my son had no serious medical issue, just Plagiocephaly, when in fact another neurolist in San Diego was sucessfully diagnosed with Lambdoid Craniosynostosis. He was too old for corrective surgery and is now 5 years old. We live in the constant shadow of ICP. Dr. Khan spent about 7 minuets with us asuring me he saw nothing in the MRI. My son's PCP let me know that he had billed for a 3 hour consult and showed me all sorts of notes he had taken about our consult that did not happen in person. I am shocked and sickened that he has won awards. What a shame and a scam. Thank you for making my son's life and devolopment in constant threat and danger for the rest of his life Dr. Khan. You should be ashamed. I can't think of you without getting ill.

March 7th, 2011
Two thumbs up!
Our 9 year old son has been seeing Dr. Khan for sleep issues and we couldn't be more satisfied. He has a friendly personality and talks to both the patient and the parent which makes my son feel good. The only negative is that he is often booked several weeks/months out and it may be a bit before you can get an appt. but he's worth the wait and the drive we have to make to see him.

December 15th, 2010
Good Dr
Dr Khan is very sincere to their patents and his behaviour to the patients specially with children is remarkable.