Family Practitioner

24022 Cinco Village Ctr Blvd
Suite 240
Katy, TX 77494
281-394-2390
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Excellent doctor!  |  show details
by Sandra Drake on May 17th, 2013

I have had a lot of bad experiences with doctors, such as incompetency, and blatantly wrong diagnosis! So I always have my radar on when visiting a doctor. Dr Foster has been my personal doctor for 2 years now. She seems very competent, and not so closed minded as some other doctors I have been to. I do see other specialty doctors for other medical issues that I have, and recently needed the help of doctor Foster and her staff. They went above and beyond! Highly recommend!!!!!

|  Clearly all about $$$$  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2013

This doctor appears to be good the first visit but then after several others you start realizing its all about the $$$ for her.. N they love to call to ensure you show up for the next unneeded visit!!

|  Best Doctor Ever  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2013

We recently switch our family doctor to Dr. Foster and have been very happy. The office if very efficiently run and her staff is very nice. Dr. Foster is thorough and listen to her patients. She is a breath of fresh air after waiting for hours every time I went to the pediatrician with my children.

|  Great listener, Solution-oriented GP  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2012

My family has been seeing Dr. Foster for over a year since we moved in the area and we are very pleased with her and her staff. I highly recommend her. She is not a doctor who makes you go around in circles -- she listens and is solution-oriented. She has a deep knowledge of medical issues and with such can offer more in way of diagnosis and referrals if needed. I have been surprised at her breadth of knowledge as a general practitioner because other gp's in my past have been lacking greatly in that area.Her office is up to date with their computer system so information is properly and quickly communicated between themselves, referrals, pharmacies and the patients. The nursing staff are always quick with taking weight and vitals. Only complaint on that end is one nurse is very soft-spoken and hard to hear (and is not personable), but Dr. Foster makes up for that.Dr. Foster listens and actually maintains a dialogue with her patients. Everytime my spouse or I have gone in she focuses on finding a solution and is never dismissive. I have found that being straight-up with her about how I feel and what I expect and my medical care has worked well. I know my body and she works WITH me and listens TO me to find solutions. If she suggests a solution that either of us have already tried before (fyi we didn't give her prior medical records when we moved here) then she listens to that and will work with us to find something else. I went in with a sinus infection (which I experience frequently enough to know that it is one). I told her it isn't viral because I have treated it as viral and it won't go away and that I need antiobiotics. She listened, did a check-up and prescribed the antibiotics as I asked and I got better quickly. She also listened to that fact that I get sinus infections frequently and offered to refer me to a specialist to further diagnose my sinus issues so I don't keep experiencing them.If a medicine isn't working she doesn't always require you go in and see her for another appointment either and will contact the pharmacy with something else and work with you over the phone. My spouse went through a bout of bronchitis and the medicine she prescribed worked well but my spouse still had symptoms. I found out though that at the same time she had prescribed allergy medicine, which my spouse was not taking. Once my spouse started taking it along with the bronchitis prescription everything cleared quickly.So far in my experience she has been correct in every diagnosis. She diagnosed a recurring symptom that two prior doctors couldn't diagnose.She has also been great at getting us to specialists for further specific treatment if needed or at our request. Getting us to specialists has been very helpful so she doesn't waste our time and money when the problems we are encountering need that focused specialist care.In my time with her I have had her ask me to do two follow-up appointments over two different symptoms. Both follow-ups were legitimate and were needed in the diagnosis process and were not unnecessary.My wait time to see her at appointments is about 25 minutes. There are rarely other patients in the waiting room as the staff is quick to get you in the examination room. From there you wait about 15-20 mins though -- that is the only downside to Dr. Foster being a good listener, she listens to all her patients and gives them each requisite time...hence your 15-20 minute wait. She doesn't cram a bunch of patients in at the same appointment time though and when it is your turn to see her you have her undivided, un-rushed attention.

|  Repetitive Visits, Inaccurate Medicines  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

My family visited Dr. Foster numerous times and she always required numerous repeat visits to discuss the same thing without changing anything. 3 times I was told, "come back in 3 months and we'll decide then what to do." Finally, on my last visit I was told again to come back in 2 more weeks. No one can take that much time off of work and spend that much money in co-pays to get no results. She often prescribed medicine that was not on our insurance plan (United Healthcare) so we'd have to get new prescriptions. She didn't review prior records to be up to date on history. I told her assistant, Shondra, that I take (and have always) Zyrtec on a daily basis. When I arrived at the pharmacy I learned that one of the prescriptions called in for me was Zyrtec in the same dosage I buy over the counter. My husband and I explained to her that we were trying to get pregnant. After checking his testosterone she put him on Androgel to boost his levels. When we saw the fertility specialist, we were informed that taking testosterone makes the sperm count dive, so there was no way we could get pregnant while he was on the Androgel. It was very expensive and defeated our purpose altogether, wasting precious time! Her assistant, Shondra, doesn't listen and has this nasty long pinky fingernail that looks like a cocaine scoop. She called me to tell me that Dr. Foster had prescribed a new prescription for me as my next course of treatment. I told her I'd already been taking it for 3 months and asked the dosage. Shondra said, "You can probably find the bottle faster than I can find what you were taking before." Good thing I was at home. After finding the bottle, I confirmed there was no change, to which she replied, "Well, the doctor wants you to 'start' taking this and come back in two weeks and she'll make a decision then. In total, here I am six months and hundreds of dollars later in the same situation I was when I first saw her with absolutely no improvement. It's abundantly clear that Dr. Foster is more concerned about making money than treating the patient.